Cavallino Autoworks open house Saturday 9/10 | FerrariChat

Cavallino Autoworks open house Saturday 9/10

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Sep 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey guys!
    How about a drive this Saturday for those that cannot go on the Whistler, BC trip? I hear that new Club sponsor Cavallino Motors is hosting a "Open House" at their newly expanded facility (10am to 4pm) in Bellingham, and they will have a couple modded Ferraris to look at, and accessories to see. I was also told they will host a free "lunch buffet" of Italian food (courtesy of Club sponsor/member Nick Scianna at Nick's Forza Ferrari www.nicksforzaferrari.com ), car show in the parking lot and live music. Who's down? http://www.cavallinoautoworks.com/

I was thinking we meet around 8:30am at Northgate, and depart around 9am. But this time, we meet at the south end of the Northgate Mall parking lot, adjacent to the food court (this way we are closer to the restroom facilities). Routing would be the "usual" I-5 and Chuckanut Drive, but on the return, we could go by way of Highway 9.

If we choose, we can always run up to Semihamoo for lunch, or just to hang out on the deck for an afternoon snack/beverage.

Dave Handa
    Seattle, WA

2. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    Wish I could go, sounds fun.

Although i'll be out in Idaho this weeked.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I'll be at exit 208 at 9:30 am.

4. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yeah, we can make a "potty stop" there and top on V-Power.

5. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    You're dipping into my "Z's" but for an Fcar rally....Im in! RAIN OR SHINE Handa! :) In the name of TED!

6. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Dude! Top down? With rain? We'll see how much you can live up to Ted! ;)

7. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I'm there!

8. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Hope I can make it

9. blackm3

blackm3 Rookie

Mar 6, 2005
    Bellingham/Austin
    Full Name:
    tony v
    Dave,

Are you bringing the Fcar or the 540? You're on the bmwpugetsound as 540M right? Might have to drop by and take a look at some Fcars. I am deciding if I should get one or the GT3 for my track addiction. Let me know where you plan to meet up.

Tony

10. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Tony,
    I'll be in the 355 for this. We should arrive at Cavallino between 11 and 11:30am. If you want, you can meet us down at the Arlington exit around 9:30am and drive up with us. Look forward to meeting you.

Looks like we will have a couple Gallardos along too.

Dave

11. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    Same day as the Kirkland Concours...ah well, it's "hosted" by Phil Smart MBZ anyway...

12. walawdog

walawdog Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Bluefield, WV
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I'd like to go, but I am not sure if my car's brake upgrade (GiroDisc kit) will be finished. Group 2 is doing the work, but there have been problems with the brake lines that came with the kit.

13. blackm3

blackm3 Rookie

Mar 6, 2005
    Bellingham/Austin
    Full Name:
    tony v

I saw a silver 308 today at G2...is that your car? Body looks in pretty good shape for an older car. I was there to get my suspension dial out for next week track day. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that Girodisc BBK? I haven't heard of them besides all the other brands such as Brembos,Stoptech,AP, Wilwood, etc. so don't know how they will hold up with track use.

Dave, I will try to make it. May be we will meet you guys at the little Post Office right before you get to Chuckanut drive. Opposite the convienient store. What number can I reach you at?

Tony
    360-920-7480

14. walawdog

walawdog Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Bluefield, WV
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Yes, that was my car. The body is in decent shape, although it has a couple issues with the hood and another minor issue regarding some early rust right at the junction of the rear fender and the "sail" panel. The brake kit is about 2600, but I got the repainted calipers so that added I think $400 to the kit. The calipers are liteweight Wilwoods.

15. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Tony, you have a PM.

Dave

16. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    We are changing the meeting point to the SOUTH end of the Northgate Mall, adjacent to the food court. This puts us closer to the restroom facilities, so it is not such a hike.

8:30am meet up, 9:00am departure. Tomorrow (Saturday).

Dave

17. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I might show up at around noon!

18. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    you have a pm

19. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Just watch the border traffic guys...it can be a bear mid morning. I would give yourselves at least 1 hour minimum waiting time.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

You can also listen to 1130am on the radio for updates every 10 minutes.

20. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    VanCooper, you should drive up with us. We are leaveing my house at 7;30 am. I plan on sleeping through the border ;)

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I'm out of the game on Saturday guys. Have fun.
    DJ

22. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey priorities, right? I'm sure she's worth it! ;)

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Broke a molar off at the root last night, not very good company today................................reminds of a blind date I once had, oooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........................

have fun.
    DJ

24. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    good luck with that

Todd

25. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Just as I was driving onto Meridian street in Bellingham I spot two Gallardo's, a CS, a 355 spider and a 348 spider. I thought I missed the whole group but when I showed up at Cavallino, I was glad to see that some of the Ferrari's were still there. Sorry I missed the other group!

I was glad to see that Cavallino has 7 lifts for Ferrari and soon, German cars. We got to chat with the manager and some of the mechanics. Great environment and close for us Canadians. Thanks for the invitation, it was a fun little afternoon!