JRS was this yours | FerrariChat

JRS was this yours

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, Sep 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Yep

I sold it for £3000 to him which I think was reasonable value. Told me he already owned THE 308 S and was getting a 355 this year and wanted the plate. Don't see it selling for £4250 myself

cheers

2. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    When I first viewed my own 308 it had THE 308S on it.

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si

4. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Sorry I diont get this at all, the novelty of having such a plate as this would be worth about £500 to me, im astonished that someone will pay in the £000's & the cash they go for at the dvla auctions
    I really dont understand why people bother with plates that only match the car
    Still each to there own i suppose

5. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    There is not a hope in hell that will get any bids.

well done james getting 3K 4 it thats all I can say

6. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    #7 jrs, Sep 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It actually looked really neat on the car ( IMHO ) and if one was a concourse nut then I suspect is would be a great plate. In the end I actually had 3 serious buyers at around the £3k mark. As you say each to their own

rgds
    james
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Some plates add to the character of a machine, like both mine do on the spider and F41000. Its the great bloody prices that is asked for a few letters and numbers that mean and say nothing that confuses me. THE 355 S plate is a nice one though its yet again the price thats amazing.

8. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    How they price plates amazes me.When I had the 308 I enquired about GTS 308N,they wanted £7K for it.I tried to point out that nobdy is going to spend that kind of money on a plate to put on a car that is worth max £20/30K.
    I offered the a grand and they laughed and put the phone down on me.........
    guess what,it's still for sale.

This is the saddest plate I've spotted recently http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/48661.htm