Red Light Cameras | FerrariChat

Red Light Cameras

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Tojo, Sep 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I scored a red light camera fine in the mail on friday, I've never had one berore and I'm gonna get the pic sent to me because I can't even recall the day or the intersection in question. Franky I'm a bit dubiuos about it, although if I'm in the wrong fair enough. Does anyone have any expeiriance weasling out of these fines.
    If this one sticks I'll ony have 3 points left, because I was shafted on another NSW state govt. revenue raising exercise during double demerits late last year.

2. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    simple,
    obey the law

3. injektilo

injektilo Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2005
    Maybe you could explain that to michelle.....

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Unless its changed, u have to pay for the photo. You have a chance if there is more than one car.

5. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    typical dumb model, if she listened to schapelle she would have had a bucket load of pills

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    you have NO CHANCE no matter how many are in the photo !!

I can show you at least 4 photos I got with at least 3 cars in each photo and I wore the fine each time AND I tried contesting 2 of them only to be told basically piss off

The only one where I know I wasn't speeding was where someone went screaming past me at 136 in a 110 zone and my car was closest to the camera and the REAL speeding car you couldn't make his numberplate out

7. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    They only send the notice if they are sure you are guilty, as they usually throw away any doubtful ones.

However, we have all read about the guy who got a ticket while his car was safely tucked in the garage. So it is always worth getting the photo, just in case. But you might as well buy a lottery ticket while you are at it as your chances are about as good.

8. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    my mongrel bro-in-law got away with it because in NSW you have to request the photo and when they processed it they ruined the photo so had to ditch the fine against him as well :( luck like that is hard to come by

9. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Damn. None of this sounds like good news. Looks like I'm screwed then, short of a ruined photo

10. ACP

ACP Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Anton
    You can subpoena the maintenance manual and the calibration certificates of the camera to try and prove that the camera was not in an ‘operation state’, however this is a long shot as they are normally pretty good. This process works the best with the hand held radar guns.

You might be lucky as sometimes they cannot ‘find’ the necessary documentation for that camera. This process does cost money if you lose and you’ll need to go to court and show your evidence.

11. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    thats the problem with the system for us little guys. They make it really hard and expensive to get information out of them that may get you off, that most people don't bother trying, and the government continues on it's merry way collecting revenue of innocent drivers

12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I suspect there are very few of us that are "innocent".

I've been done unfairly once or twice in 33 years of driving, been let off 3 times, and been hammered for speed literally hundreds of times :(

13. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    slow down and the fines stop, it doesnt take rocket science to werk it out, coming from someone with less points than an ol duck with saggy t i t s

14. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Hi John aren't the red light camera fines like the speed camera ones where they send you the photo with the fine?

15. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    here in Qld yeah, but not in NSW, you have to pay $10 or something like it to get the photo

16. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Goober, are you turning over a new leaf or something? I don't recall seeing a hell of a lot of slowing down last time we were out! ;)

17. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    Mark, u are so right, i know i'm irresponsible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, however i err on the side of caution when making statements online regarding our activities cos u never quite know who is watching, the authorities kmow what we do (talk wank online) but i try to avoid giving em any more than they require.

and they all wonder how on earth a psycho like me ever gets out of bed on sunday mornings just to see Chevi and pig out on Kraut bacon

18. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree. You won't see me posting speeding stuff (except where it is legal :D)