PR 430 Spider Value | FerrariChat

PR 430 Spider Value

Discussion in '360/430' started by DMS 360, Sep 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMS 360

DMS 360 Rookie

Nov 16, 2003
    I was wondering what a US Version 430 Spider that was delivered in Puerto Rico is worth on the mainland. Since Puerto Rico is part of the US, the Ferrari dealer there delivers US version cars. The cars are covered by the same 3 year warranty as mainland delivered cars. The only difference is that the local dealer does not get its cars through Ferrari of North America, so repairs at mainland dealers will not be covered by the warranty. Any warranty work would have to be performed by the dealer in Puerto Rico, and I believe could also be performed by dealers in Central or South America.
    Considering that (in case any major warranty repairs are needed) round trip shipping costs to PR are reasonable (about $1,000), that shipping time from the east coast is only a few days, that there is no customs between the mainland and PR, and that any service or small repair can be performed at any mainland dealer (the car is US version); what is a PR delivered car worth compared to a mainland delivered car?

2. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    on the mainland, i presume you mean? like a grey market car?

maybe 40 back of US car, still well over window

3. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    the Puerto Rico local cars also have the "manetino" option, which is not available to 50-state US cars. But, given thats its already in the USA and can be freely transported back and forth for repairs, I would say it'd be worth something just so someone can get their hands on the launch control option.

Ernesto

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Well, all 430s have the manettino...do you mean the PR cars have launch control? Launch control and the manettino are separate issues.

Gary

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    No warranty sounds dangerous.Still no garauntee if you ship the car back for work.The dealer may cop an attitude.

6. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    sorry, i meant launch control... i thought they were the same thing...

Ernesto