Ferrari speakers, keep 'em or toss 'em?? | FerrariChat

Ferrari speakers, keep 'em or toss 'em??

Discussion in '360/430' started by Steve R, Sep 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    '97 355 spider

Just upgraded the stereo, put in new tweeters (dash) & mid-ranges (door)...the old speakers sounded "so-so", when we pulled them out the tech's were surprised to find that each speaker had a yellow Ferrari sticker on them: wow......speakers bought by Ferrari and then applied with a sticker. Even some of my Ferrari driving buddies were surprised. Problem is, what do I do with them now???

Will I ever put the old speakers back in? NO, the new ones sound much better and will go (whenever the time comes) with the car. It's not worth taking out the new ones and putting these "Ferrari" speakers back in......

So I'm contemplating just dropping these Ferrari speakers into my trash can and getting rid of them. I'm the opposite of a pack-rat, I like cleanliness & nearly empty garages. I see no reason to keep these things, not even sure anyone would really want them...my only hesitation is that they say Ferrari and it goes against my grain to just toss 'em.

So here's the question: should I still keep them, are they worth anything to sell? What would YOU do?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Hi Steve...

You have what, 3 acres at your disposal? Can't you find a teeny little 1 foot square to put an itsy bitsy box??

Better to have than have not. Who knows, it may make a difference to the guy you sell it to (who might be the most anal retentive yahoo who never should own a Ferrari in the first place!)

ps! Who loves ya! EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    yeah, but how likely is it that this guy whow buys the car from you will rip off the door panel to make sure that the speakers say "ferrari" on the back? Probably highly unlikely imo. I would hang on to them though in case you would encounter such a nut!
    gordon

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Steve,

I've hung onto every part I've replaced. As you know, most of those original parts were replaced with c/f. But like you, I decided it's much better and doesn't take up that much space, to hang on to the originals just in case. I agree, that it would be rare for someone to check on the originality of speakers.

5. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    Sorry to use a 4 letter word - ebay

Or keep, a buyer may say "hey that stereo sounds really cool - cant be standard speakers, that knocks $2K off price" - I doubt it somehow.

6. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    I really doubt anyone is going to want to remove the really nice-sounding speakers and go back to OEM blah-stock sound....I would NOT keep these things just for "original" purposes...I'm more concerned with throwing away something that has value, I dunno, hard to explain.

Somewhere out there is someone who would love to install these speakers in their car just so they could say it has some Ferrari parts on it.

I put 'em up for sale in the Recycler for $100, eh, who knows....

7. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    I think keep them I bought my 355 Spider and the radio and CD changer had been removed I located an original pair and installed them. You never know who wants stuff you dont thats why Ebay is what it is.

Martin

8. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    I'll be your trash can! dump them to me! :D

By the way, what new speakers did you put in?

EDIT: Oh sorry, just saw the most recent post. I see you're selling them. Oh well..

9. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    toss em, mb qaurt fit great. Don't know the spelling, sorry.

10. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Oh damn....I was afraid someone would want to know what I put in. Hmmm....uh, I think they are Alpine's? I don't know, I just paid the nerd behind the counter as he assured me it was, ugh...how did he put it; aw yes: titty-ass *****in' & tight! ;)

Come to think of it....if you can hear the stereo, you ain't drivin' it fast & hard enough!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I made the mistake of following Ralph through the Malibu tunnel, his 355 has a Capristo and some other funky loud-terations.....when he hit about 8,000 rpm I actually had to lean my head/ear into my left shoulder and use my right hand to cover my ear: that exhaust system was so abusively loud I could feel it in my eyeballs, I think it damaged my paint job!!!

Like I said, I just can't throw away something that says Ferrari on it....

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Steve,
    Ebay the speakers....don't look back.

Capristos rock...a friend got one, and I think I now have permanent hearing loss! ;)

12. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Why the hell do you need speakers?!!! Get yourself a decent exhaust my friend, the only music you'll ever need in a 355!!

13. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Personally I wouldn't get rid of anything original. Some anal guy may want the car in its original condition.

14. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hi Steve,

Its nice to know that another stereo aficionado has come out of the closet. I thought that I was the only one willing to admit that my audio preferences sometimes lean toward "93.1FM" as opposed to "TUBI". Enjoy! Tim

15. SexyLex

SexyLex Rookie

Nov 22, 2004
    Sandusky, OH
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Huh? F-cars have speakers and stereos? :))

16. srwhitman

srwhitman Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Whitman
    I replaced mine with MB Quart as well. I tossed the speakers but Ebay sounds fine too. One thing I found out - the MB Quart tweeters are adjustable. I found this out way after I had them installed. They are really adjusted way too high. I figured that this just didn't sound right and sure enough on their web site they tell you how to address. Depending on where they put the crossover, you can do it yourself. They put mine where the CD changer used to be. I unscrewed the top and change the jumper to -4.5 db. Much better. I played around with different settings and that seemed to be the best compromise.

Next, I wired up a subwoofer and stuck it in the trunk. Works great. Its just a box sitting there so I can take it out when I go to the track.

Yes, the exhaust is nice but on a long trip or even sometimes just tooling around town, its nice to listen to the stereo.

Scott