F-chat Ontario Meet #2 Idea Thread | FerrariChat

F-chat Ontario Meet #2 Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Titanboy_24, Sep 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Hey guys,

Since the car season is rapidly coming to a close, I was thinking that we could all get together before they go into into hibernation for the winter. Maybe a BBQ and a cruise sometime around the end of September or early October? Please throw out ideas so we can try and make this work, it was great meeting everyone at the last event.

Lucas

2. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    BBQ is a great idea, I'm sure it can be pulled off. I'm thinking a quiet secluded place would be best as to minimize formations of a giant crowd... Maybe some sort of parkland? Ie. Heart Lake conservation area, or anything of the like? places like HL Conservation Area require reservations and do offer some privacy so I;m sure it would be cool. Something waterfront would work out niceley too, but problem is once agian, crowd gatherings.

Don't get me wrong I have no problems with people checking out these cars, well it is actually entirely upto you owners, I don't know exactly how much attention you're willing to expose your exotics to ;)

Keep posting! Let's get one last meet done up before the end of this season.

-Anuk

3. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    Lucas,

Since I missed meeting #1, I'd love there to be a second meeting. Great initiative!

Andrew

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    we can do a pub type area with lots of parking. I personally do not want alot of attention. We can do something like on a sat afternoon central and we cna all meet up. Anyone here know of a decent lunch place to meet up with lots of parking ? Maybe someone in the fchat community we can support? Ltes do it in the month of Sept, Oct gets to iffy.

5. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    hey guys,
    it would be my pleasure to host the event if you guys are up to the drive. and it is beautiful drive. i live in alliston, which for those who don't know, is 35 minutes northwest of the 400/407 intersection. many different routes can be taken including the 400, but i would recommend highway 27 or highway 50.
    i have a great backyard for entertaining with a pool and a bbq fire pit, and a huge empty parking lot right beside my yard ( 20 cars no problem ) so no one would be on the street. i can handle big groups rain or shine. i have also just purchased a second home 2 doors down that has a completely outfitted 40x60, 2500 square foot shop ( 9000 lbs rotary hoist,7.5 hp compressor,van norman parts washer,multi-media recycling sand blaster and so on ) so if anyone wanted to come early and check out any issuses they may be having they would be more than welcome.
    and i'll take care of the food and booze. it would be my pleasure. and if not this time ( i hope it is ) then maybe we can keep it in mind for another time.
    i'm not sure my 400 will be operational this time because i'm having trouble getting my starter solinoid (sp) fixed. i'm about to take it out for the 3rd time in the last month ( it's a big job on a 400) so i'm a bit bummed out and would love to go for a couple blasts in some other cars. there are some amazing roads up here.
    please think about it and let me know. my only conflict would be sat. sept.17.
    any other sept. or october weekend would be fine.

brett

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    WOW, you can BBQ AAAANNND do a 100-Point restoration all at the same time! My God you are in HEAVEN!

7. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    A very kind and generous offer. But, offerring free booze to these guys?!? That's just plain crazy ;-).

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Brett,
    That is a very kind off...thanks for the invite.

Let me know when everyone can agree on a date and time

Cheers !

9. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Brett, you do allow a few non-owner enthusiasts, right?

10. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    hey guys,
    well it's easy to pick up the beer tab for a bunch of 'designated' drivers right?
    kidding aside, it would be my pleasure really, so no worries there. i really just want to meet some other enthusiasts after 8 years of ownership and i think my place makes a lot of sense for the reasons i already mentioned. for the owners the drive is just long enough to make it worth starting the car and the roads once you get here really are a pleasure. all are welcome however, being an enthusiast is the only criteria, so if you guys can find a date other than sept.17 then let me know and i'll take it from there.

brett

11. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    I think it would be best to host the event at Gerrit's house this time. Brett your place sounds amazing, but i think it would be more convinent for everyone if it was in Toronto. Maybe we could do a "kick off the spring" event at your place? I'll try work something out with Gerrit and we will let you guys know. I am thinking either the 28th, 1st, or 2nd. Keep you posted.

Lucas

12. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm in. Keep me posted.

13. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    I see your 360 is no more. Joined the dakr side, you have :p

What colour is your Murcielago?

14. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Murci is gone (was yellow). New ride is a black Gallardo.

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Count me in for the 28th or the 1st, I would have to be out for the 2nd.
    Keep me posted Lucas.

16. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i'm late to the party, so whatever works best for you guys. consider it a standing offer for the future. if anyone still wants a destination for a fall drive let me know.

brett

17. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    The 1st or 2nd work for me! :)

Just an extra suggestion - does anybody know when this year's Sick Kids Day is at Mosport? I'm asking because I think it would be neat to do something in conjunction with that event.

Brett, your offer is very much appreciated.

Hope to see all of you soon.

18. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    If it works out that Gerrit is the proud host for the next gathering, I'll be very happy! I'll walk to his place from mine.....

Well, maybe not, but It's kinda cool to think about it.

19. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    I confirmed with Lucas this morning for Oct 1.

20. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Hey Guys,

I will be sending out all the invitations in the next couple days. I am going to send them to everyone via PM because you never know who might be watching this board, and I don't want Toronto_Guy showing up ;) If you have not recieved an invitation by Sunday, please message me and I will send one to you right away. I am really looking forward to this, many many thanks to Gerrit for his gracious offer to use his house, and also for donating the food.

EVERYONE CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULES FOR OCTOBER 1st!

Hope to see you all there,

Lucas

21. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Ok guys, I've sent out all the invitations. Please let me know if you have not recieved one, I have a feeling that I am forgetting someone.

Hope everyone can make it!

22. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    I received mine! Can't wait for the 1st!

23. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Think I'm the one you missed. Never got one. Can you try again please.

Joel

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hmmmm..I need a Ferrari to go to this event..what to drive hummmm..

25. RAISIN

RAISIN Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    BACK IN BLACK
    Hey Tom I can quickly pick you in the Z06. LOL. If you need a ride..