Where did you get your NEED FOR SPEED? | FerrariChat

Where did you get your NEED FOR SPEED?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by venusone, Sep 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Ok, so my dad flew B-17s in WW2 & 707s for 30 years for TWA. It’s in my blood. I just can’t seem to slow down. I modify everything & never let up till the supercharger bugs out. Where do you get your NEED FOR SPEED?

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    You said before that you have never been above 100 in your Ferrari.

3. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I try to run as fast as I can past those speed signs that tell you your speed

4. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ever since I first felt extreme acceleration and speed, in a Viper, (I was 11)...I've been addicted to it. The rush and sensation you get when going very fast is unsurpassable by anything.

Feels almost as good as sex.

5. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    It's been with me since I was a kid. Drag racing and street racing in my mis-spent youth. Power boats. Racing Hobie's and ice boats. Sports cars. Rollercoasters. It's just something I've always loved and pursued in lots of different ways. Of all of the things related to speed, the one I love the most is driving on the track. Absolutely nothing like it. I keep hoping that I hit the lottery so I can retire and find the time and have the money to get a real track car. <sigh> Then again, I guess it would help if I bought some lottery tickets.

6. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You misunderstood this thread. She was asking where you get your methamphetamines from. I hear local raves are a good source.

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    LMAO!

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    LOL...

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    grew up in the back of 911. went to races my dad was in. went to gp's regularly starting in '72, met all the great drivers of that era. souped up my scooter, motorcycle, mgb, then needed real speed.....and it just keeps going...FAST

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Lol. It's tempting. Like getting your pitches clocked in spring training or something.

11. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    wait, can that thing clock pitches also?

12. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    I don't really know where it started. I can remember admiring Ferraris and other "fast" cars as far back as my memory goes. Then the clincher was a ride in a turbo'd Delorian when I was about 10. I remember being pulled back in the seat and not being able to reach forward to touch the dash. :)

13. Den.

Den. Karting

Jul 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Den.
    I guess it's just in my blood though it doesn't appear to be genetic before me. AFTER me? hmmmm. My littlest daughter Olivia Rose has recently graduated toi "big kid swings" at the park. As I been pushing her she yells "faster Daddy, FASTER!!" to which my wife looks at me and says "She's DEFINITELY YOUR kid!!"

LOL.

14. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    your wife never yells, "faster faster!' to you?

15. Den.

Den. Karting

Jul 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Den.
    I'm innocent. ;)
    (Though she did once tell me she'd never been kissed at 100 mph til she met me....)

16. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    some how that makes me feel really unsafe knowing that you didn't have your eyes on the road at 100mph

17. Den.

Den. Karting

Jul 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Den.
    It was a VERY quick kiss on the cheek, middle of nowhere back country, straght section and not a car to be seen. Now if it were 150........

(car wouldn''t go that fast anyways LOL, drove that section at 100 almost every day)

18. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    My Grandfather was a race car driver in the earliest days of racing... actually he was the mechanic when they had two guys in every car (the driver and his mechanic who actually rode with him). Family rumor has it he raced very early at Indy and was the first person to race up Pikes Peak in a car. But we can't find any written proof of either. My Mom tells me my Grandmother would only marry him if he gave up racing. I guess he listened.

19. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    growing up in germany until I was 12 years old and my dad always going full blast on the autobahn in his BMW (back then 635 csi)... THats the great thing about driving in germany - no matter what kind of car you have , whenever you get on the autobahn you pretty much always FLOOR the pedal (traffic permitting, of course!). You would be in the middle lane and think you are going fast at about 125mph, and from behind you all you would see is vibrating headlights in the distance and something flying by going at insane rocket speeds... so fast, you can hardly make out what kind of car it was. Now that is fun and that is where I got my need for speed!
    gordon