Valentine 1 mounting! Please help.. | FerrariChat

Valentine 1 mounting! Please help..

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by khal360, Sep 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Does anyone have pics with their V1 mounted in a 360? I need to Hard wire the power supply & mount it discreetly, and be able to unplug it quickly as I am in Ontario, where the commies have deemed it illegal. Thanks for your time.

2. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    pull out the radio, hardwire the positive into the ignition on wire of the radio, ground to metal the run the phone cord along the firewallto the headliner and the to the mirror area. Put the suction cup apparatus next to the mirror on the driver side. See my post on your last thread for pics in my TR

DOn't be too worried about it - they won't set upa roadblock or anything for a radar detector.

Alternatively get the remote kit that put the lights on you steering column

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I mounted mine above the rear view mirror... blends in up there such that it generally goes unnoticed. Further, I have it setup so its easy to pull out with nothing but an unidentifiable phone plug hanging out.

Don't have a pic in my 360, but here is a pic in my Stradale... same setup.

Run the Valentine hardwire kit from the switched positive in the overhead light and run it out between headliner and windshield, leaving the dual-plug black block of the hardwire kit hanging right there (where windshield and headliner come together, above the rear view mirror). Then get a short 3" phone cord (like come with many phones) to run from that block to your V1. Make sure you have a newer V1 (last couple years)... they are thinner than the older ones and fit better than the one pictured in that link.

Hope that helps,