Driving a Maseratti Quattroporte | FerrariChat

Driving a Maseratti Quattroporte

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by D11VE:J, Sep 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    Nice car, 430 engine, comfort, quality, whoever said the Masers are not top notch, sorry, this one is.

I took my 575M to Maranello for some work to be done and received the MSQuatro as a courtesy car, very nice of them, I will get sprout to post some piccys later, anybody driven a Maser lately? A bit too flash for business, but maybe the smaller sports model I could get away with, the 430 engine is just sublime, if you are reading this at Maranello, its sublime up to 50 mph as fast as I have gone so far.

Anybody here drive the sports coupe can let me know if its a winner, due a new business car October.

D11VE:J

2. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Dave,

I went to a Maser driving day at Millbrook last week - drove the QP, Coupe and Gransport.

As a driver the Gransport is a serious car - a bargain for the money really and unlike all its competitors you can get the kids in the back - which for me is a big plus. The QP was a fantastic car - very luxurious, but not as good a driver. They now seem very well built much better than the 3200 I owned before I bought the Dino

I am seriously considering one for next March.

I am waiting for the dealer to get me demonstrator to try on the road.

3. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    David,

The QP is a very underated car and has masses of power under the bonnet, also not as common as the BMW's / Mercs

4. Dictys

Dictys Rookie

Jan 13, 2005
    UK - Oxfordshire
    #4 Dictys, Sep 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had a loan of an 05 4200 CC for 4 days earlier in the year.

This had the optional 19" Gransport wheels fitted - great on the Gransport (which I've also driven), ruins the ride on the standard coupe and found the car tends to wander.

Sat Nav is bad, you have to the Map CD in, but it is the same slot as the CD for the stereo. Otherwise the car was great, quick and sounds fab. 14 Mpg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
  6. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Dave your car has more work done on it than Wacko's nose :D:D

7. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    David nice the qp's m8:D

8. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I saw a white QP by Leicester Square on Tuesday and it looked gorge.

9. boba

boba Karting

May 10, 2005
    Madchester ,U.K.
    Full Name:
    dodgy bob
    Drummond Bone who is in the Maseratic club has a QP in bright yellow . It is very loud in both looks and sound . Has any one else seen it?

10. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    Big B, they are just sorting out a bit of a service muck up, went to Modena and Maranello to the Galleria after a service and had a few faults and I got a bit upset, they are handling it now. Never seen Michael Jackson's nose in Maranello or Modena.

11. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    #11 360stimo, Sep 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson

And there was me looking at company cars! Shame....I will have to have a rethink!

Ed

13. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    The Maserati QP in your pic, yellow, just sublime, fantastic. Thanks for posting that.

14. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It looked awful in the flesh IMO. If you were to stick a few kilos of diced carrot and swede on it, and the odd pea, it'd look like a giant vom'd on it.

15. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Love the QP. I think it has real presence. I'd have one over a Merc or 5 series any day (except an M5 probably)

16. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

you need your eyes tested, there must be still baby lotion in them off my piggy back ride the other day

17. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    murph7355; I would agree if it was say a 575M in that colour, but this QP car looks the nuts, vommit or not it is sublime, makes a difference if you have a QP sitting in the drive way to know what they go like perhaps, the one I have is slate grey, yuck, bright yellow is far better, couldn't miss it on the road, head turner, thats why I luv it.

18. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Anyone who puts red brake calipers on a yellow car should be shot.

Where are the taste police when you need them :D

19. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    stevep; I could have bet money on you saying that, wasn't it you who had a go at me when I said red was the only colour for a Ferrari, or was that someone else, anyway, sorry m8, we must agree to disagree. Now, where did I put my glasses.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

20. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    Probably at stevef's questioning him about a pie theft

21. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    red is the only colour as for you glasses.............I assume you have been drinking again and forgot where you left your brandy

22. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    AlbertV8; that is called contrast, you say it looks cr4p, but that is the nicest part on a Ferrari, the yellow badges on the red car, this is a Maser, red calipers on a yellow car :p:p:p:p

23. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    stevep; dont drink, don't smoke, don't chase women, just drive nice cars. I would say I am the perfect gentleman. Didn't say I had good taste!

24. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

"dont drink, dont smoke, what do you do, dont drink, dont smoke, what do you do, subtle inuendo follows, must be something inside"

Goody Two Shoes - Adam And The Ants

25. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    oh and when did you buy a nice car mate. Congrats :D :D