19" Stradale wheels | Page 2 | FerrariChat

19" Stradale wheels

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dave355, Sep 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge_Stradale

May 14, 2005
    NY
    Meridan Automotive has them I believe. That's what they advertise in FORZA anyway. Definately not the BBS wheels either.

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    No, they are 18" and stock widths...7.5 and 10. They can be purchased with no restrictions, I believe.

Gary

3. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Titanium lugnuts.

Thats SO Ferrari. :)

4. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    They are actually stud bolts, not lug nuts.

5. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    lol your car was my background for a while, i found it on google a long time ago.

6. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Agreed, or they may get treated as take-off wheels in favor of some aftermarket rims, I would think they will be popping up on ebay/FML/FerrariAds.com soon enough.

7. 360CSS

360CSS Karting

Nov 10, 2004
    Rome-Constantinople
    Full Name:
    Caesar
    Ferrari has never made a Challenge Stradale Spider, but I have come as close to a CSS as possible. My car has the front & rear Stradale bumpers, the side skirts, gas cap w/ horse, carbon fiber mirrors, carbon fiber w/horse cover in the engine bay, stradale seats, stradale air vents, stradale pedals, carbon fiber F1 shift paddles with the right one larger to the same specs as Ferrari since they don't make them in cf, rear challenge grill from a stradale to hold the badge, also have the badge (check other pics on fc) and I am having a custom badge made to read "Challenge Stradale Spider". Also have the red key. I have a set of challenge rims and the CCM brakes but I have HRE 840's and the brembo Lemans racing brakes on it right now. So yes it is not a CS spider from the factory because one was never made but it is the closet anyone has done yet. I should have the steering wheel and instrument cluster within the next month or so. Also I have order the the interior badges as well as the stripe but I am debating if I should put it on. Now some other things I have added that are not Ferrari but I wanted on my car was bluetooth, PS2 in the glove box and a custom ipod painted to match the car with a custom ipod holder that matches the F1 control plate in the center console. I also have a K40 with laser defuser and a custom stereo with a carbon fiber box behind the seat. In the engine bay I have a Gruppe M carbon fiber airbox and a Capristo Level 3 exhaust with straight pipes and new ECU's allowing the car to redline up to 10,000rpm.

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    It really sounds and looks awesome, but I don't understand why anyone would want to play a PS2 in any Ferrari. Any pictures of the interior?

9. Serpent Driver

Serpent Driver Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2004
    Norway
    18" challenges are too small for the 360... It doesn't fill the wheelcarriage enough, and there's to much rubber. Gotta have'em in 19":D

10. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    From what I have heard the F430 challenge wheels and CS wheels look identical, but the CS wheels are forged and the 430's are cast. Can anybody confirm this?

11. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    CS wheels were not forged, however they are relatively light wheels manufactured by BBS for Ferrari. And, as far as I know, the CS wheel option for the 430 consists of the identical wheels supplied on the 2004 Stradale.

CS wheel weights with metal valve stems:

Front--25lbs
    Rear --27.6lbs

12. Dave355

Dave355 Rookie

Oct 4, 2004
    i have been told that the BBS 18" challenge wheels are not rated for the road as they a vey light but also not as strong as the road wheels. can anyone confirm this? i would have thought challenge wheels would be stronger than road wheels as they are put under much higher stress during racing than standard road wheels??

13. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Dave,

I've heard the same. FWIW, I've been told, although strong and capable of handling the extreme loading forces and heat associated with racing, the 18" Challenge wheels were not very tolerant of potholes -- of course, most wheels are not, but these supposedly bend easily.

14. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Thanks for clarifying.

15. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    i agree very much, this is ferrari chat not pimp my ride, and it also adds a little weight especially with the tv im assuming u will put in there

16. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    go look at the official ferrari site and u will see that the f430 challenge wheels are a little different than the cs wheels. but im still not sure if i like the f430 challenge wheels better. the cs wheels are so great.

17. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    [email protected] for pics and info. Meridian is asking $10K for just the rims.Im asking $7500 for wheels and tires.

18. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    I'm a bit late to this party, considering the last post was a decade ago. ;)

There are two pairs of part numbers for the Challenge Stradale 19" (not to be confused with the Challenge 18") wheels.

195392 / 195393

239652 / 239654

My understanding is that viewed from the outside the wheels are identical in appearance. Is the difference (a) one is for the 360 and the other is for the 430, if so, which is which (b) one is for TPMS and one is not, if so, which is which (c) one is painted and one is polished, if so, which is which?