S03s and PS2s tires | FerrariChat

S03s and PS2s tires

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Auraraptor, Sep 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I was thinking of switching my tires from S03s to PS2s. The S0s while great in rain have a bad habit of tramlining. I was thinking of switching over to PS2s but I don't want the tramline issue. Anyone with experience with both on the same car? I am interesting in how they compare.

2. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I just switched from the Bridgestones 200 miles ago. I notice a slightly softer ride with the PS2's. Grip feels the same to me. I got a good price at tirerack.com I'm pretty loyal to Michelin on my cars. I hope Ferrari SpA forgives me. I think there is a recent thread on some of this: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74178

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Why wouldn't Ferrari be happy for you to be driving on the tires that have given them their only F1 win this year?

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I recall that thread, thanks for the link though. My specific point of interest was in any (apparent) difference between the wheels to follow road groves/become easily 'distracted' (ie tramlining). Did you notice any difference?

5. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I haven't noticed any tramlining with the PS2's. I have to be honest & say that I had not noticed it with the Bridgestones either. I took the F355 on a 1000 mi, 16 hour trip on the Bridgestones and the tires felt fine on the Bridgestones. My front tires were worn to an extreme on the inside of the tires. Have you experienced that on your front tires with the Bridgestones?

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I have had both, but not on the same car. I have the ps2's on my porsche and they handle beautifully and do not seem to be particularly prone to wandering. They are superb wet tires and are very responsive. I am running 225/265 combo so depending on model of car, if your needs are a lot wider tire they may behave differently. Also my car is very light, but I have found the ps2 to be a great all around tire. Hope that helps.