365 GT 2+2 Idle speed | FerrariChat

365 GT 2+2 Idle speed

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 410SA, Sep 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The heat is dissipating in Phoenix and it's time to bring the oldies out again.
    I started up my old Queen today and while it took a few cranks to get the engine turning over, the bark as it caught was wonderful.
    The car ran smoothly and strongly, but as I pulled into the gas station I noticed that the idle speed was hovering around 2200 RPM.
    It seems higher than usual, even though I understand that Queens have some emissions equipment in them that artificially keeps the engine speed up at idle.

I have no experience with the Queen's mechanical bits and I'm wondering if there's an easy fix here or if I have to get a workshop manual and start playing with it.

2. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Hi Alex,
    It's an easy fix! Bill and I just spent the weekend here at my house tweeking the carbs and some other things on his queen mother.The car is really running strong now. We actually cruised by your place a few times when we went around the block testing it.I told him you got one and we were hoping to see you with it.

If you would like bring it by at the end of this week. Bill will be back in town by then and he really knows those queens inside out.It would be no problem to help you with it.

Take Care,
    Steve

3. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Hey Steve:

Thank you! I'll be out of town all week, but I would appreciate it so much to have the Queen's Brain Trust help me out here.

I'll call you at the end of the week. Say hi to Bill