This could be a team | FerrariChat

This could be a team

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FrostyAK, Sep 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
  2. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    I'd heard on SpeedVision that Frank's price to let Button go was more like $90 million U.S.. If that indeed was the case, I'd be very surprised it Button goes $18 million.

That said whoever pairs with RB, Button or Sato, will wipe the floor with him.

3. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Hope that Anthony Davidson can get a ride at Williams next year.

It will be interesting to see who is the faster of the two: Button or Barrichello? Button has not had a fast teammate in the last couple of years - Sato or Villenueve. Barrichello has had the fastest teammate ever for the last couple years. I believe Rubens will be quicker in race conditions and Jenson quicker in qualifying.

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    You're living in a dream world. While Sato's had appalling luck this past year he's certainly shown speed matching that of Button.

Rubens won't be able to hold a candle to Button. I'd take David Coulthard over RB any day of the week if you're looking for a fast mature driver.

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    You forget that Button was the same guy that got mopped up by Fisi a few years back, i think RB will do just fine.

6. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I dont recall Sato qualifying anywhere near Button this year. I believe he was much closer last year. This year he is several tenths off.

Besides I think Rubens is highly under-rated - he may look ordinary next to Michael but he is still faster than all except perhaps Raikkonen, Alonso and Montoya.

Anyway we will only know the answer next year.