The Official "Rendezvous" (C'était un rendez-vous) Thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

The Official "Rendezvous" (C'était un rendez-vous) Thread

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ArtS, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
  2. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Cheers Ric thats bloody smashing is it for real?

I love the sports exhaust, sounds awesome :D

3. iburford

iburford Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Oh, go on, please spill the beans, what is the "truth" ?

4. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You can't handle the truth!

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
  6. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    When I worked at GPR, we used to sell it on DVD. We spent quite a long time looking over the film and have come to the conclusion that it is not as real as people think. The trick to it is the low camera angle and the soundtrack. Watch it without the sound. All of a sudden it isn't anywhere near as fast as it seems with the howling motor. Also, watch the closing speeds on other traffic and especially the bus, at one point. We calculated, be it roughly, that he is doing about 40mph. It takes a while to catch and then pass the bus, so it is clever angles and noise, rather than a balls out run through Paris.

My opinion, obviously, but we are convinced!

Ed

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    The car used for the movie was Claude Lelouch' s own car at the time: A Mercedes 450 SEL 6.9 L.... not a Ferrari 275 gtb as suggested by the poster of the movie & a few people fouled by the soundtrack!
    The soundtrack was dubbed.
    Claude Lelouch was the driver.
    He did not have the auth' from Paris Police at the time of filming.... so ended up in 'Le commisariat' for a few hours."

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I only regret that i never did the M25 run in the early 90s when there was no speed cameras and every one with the balls were chasing the record in the early hours of the morning. I have asked on here if any one did it, but it seems no one has. I think the record was held by a Supra??
    Got the Stockhome collection and the black prince on DVD:D Now he has balls;) Though i also have the dvd of the french guy tearing around Paris in rush hour, WOW! But the dude died when he tried it again:(

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Don't forget the Japanese guy who filmed himself doing 200mph in his F40 but then found the police used his own film as evidence to prosecute him.

Jonathan

10. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    I'd heard that it was filmed from the Harley Davidson ridden by Elvis that he received as a gift from James Dean (the one with "to The King from Giant" inscribed under the saddle)

11. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
  12. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Yes, an oldie but goodie. I think that was done in a Renault, correct? Try doing that nowadays! Although, now that I think of it, maybe its possible. I was in Paris once at 5 am and it was about that deserted.

13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    "The Darth550 5-Minute Tour of Paris."

14. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    A Renault Alpine.

15. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    very cool video. what gets me is he runs all those red lights and it seems like there is no cross traffic anyway, or cops. infact, there aren't too many cars on the road in the first place. i'm guessing an early morning run?

16. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    well I wasnt aware it was an oldie... so sorry :-(

I am gonna cry now!!

-a

17. eps

eps Rookie

Sep 1, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Jason Knight
    Is it just me, or does that video look really fake?

18. yalim10

yalim10 Rookie

Nov 16, 2005
    If that video is taken out from the original movie 'Rendezvous' it's a Ferrari it's shot in mid 70s the car belongs to the director of the movie. The driver of the car is a Formula 1 driver who was racing in 70s. The director of the movie accused by the French Goverment and sent to jail but he refused to tell the drivers name.

19. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    It has been discussed here and on other sites a million times and the "judgement" is ALWAYS speculation...

NOBODY (who wasn't present during the shooting at least) knows for sure how it was shot.

The rumours range from the film being shot from the director's personal Ferrari 275 GTB, driven by F1 driver Jacques Lafitte and the girl at the end being Claude Chabrol's gf + chabrol being thrown in jail and every inch of footage being real to it being shot from a mercedes diesel with lots of tricks.

I would say, just enjoy it and leave it for what it is, a couple of minutes of amazing driving through nighttime Paris.

20. joshi

joshi Rookie

Jul 31, 2004
    Full Name:
    Schumi
    People Will Never Understand.

ITS NOT A 275 GTB!

ITS A 246 GT DINO!!!!!

Please a 275 GTB is much faster than that on the video, and if anybody knows about a 275 GTB, it does not sound like that . the Engine has the sounds of a boxter engine made by Ferrari! Again the DINO

21. FerrariStuff.com

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    It's a mercedes diesel with sounds effects....

22. joshi

joshi Rookie

Jul 31, 2004
    Full Name:
    Schumi
    HERE WE GO AGAIN....

23. FerrariStuff.com

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Yeps...

>>>I would say, just enjoy it and leave it for what it is, a couple of minutes of amazing driving through nighttime Paris.<<<

24. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Hey, I never got to give my 2c! I really don't think the sound matches the visual, it is obviously dubbed. Anyway, I agree, enjoy it for what it is....a gas and an inspiration, combining the eternal beauties of speed, sound and love!