London Show rooms | FerrariChat

London Show rooms

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Seth, Sep 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    ok, i have already done a search and found the obvious places to go to in london.... im going on saturday and trying to go to as many car shops/showrooms as i can...im staying in the holland park area and so far i have this list of places not to far away.

Coys
    hall and bradfield
    Hendon??(seems to have a nice collection of modern super cars)
    Park lane itself.../the dorchester and what not...

also theres chelsea cars.... dont know how far it is from central london

i have a few questions still...

is hendon motors just west of berkley square? or is that hendon st. not way?
    also any other places i should check out, and there location please, mostly classic car places are what im in to.

and does anyone know where there is a Maserati 300S that i can view in london or the surrounding area???

thanks seth mac

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Hendon Way Motors are about ten miles North of central london - so probably not too convenient - not far south of Coys is a big mews full of old car dealers : Queens Gate Place Mews - most of the others have been discussed in recent threads including access by public transport - have a good trip

3. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    thanks for the info about hendon, what should i search for in the search? i tried a bunch of different terms and couldnt come up with many good results

4. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    There's HR Owen Sportscars on Brompton Road. nearest tubes are Gloucester Rd or South Kensington. Usually full of Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

Listed as "HR Owen Sportcars London" on their website www.hrowensportscars.co.uk

Driven past Chelsea cars a few times. They had one 355 in the last time I went past but everything else was farely mundane. Personally I wouldn't bother making the trip unless they've changed their stock.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    True but they are at the back of Joe Macari who has a few tasty items so we are told ! And there's that other lot next door to Chelsea Cars - but a pig on public transport I would guess

Try searching on this site - every few months there's a thread on what to see in London

6. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Aston Martin on Park Lane had a rather nice DB7 Zagato in the window last time I passed, if that's your bag.

7. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    wow! i would love to see any zagato!!!

thanks for all the info, so far i have brompton road, park lane, then queen mews and the recee mews(hall and brad..), also i might go over to the london transport museum in covent gardens?? i think is that worth a look?

anyone on the 300S also???

thanks
    seth mac

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    London Transport Museum I think has just shut for renovation for a few months

The Science Museum near Coys has some cars and planes in it if I remember correctly

9. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    good to know,

also i forgot about any good mercedes dealers? are there any?

10. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    There's one on Cannon Street, which is fairly central. Use either Monument or Cannon St tube stations.

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Ask their customers.....

There's a large showroom near Marks & Spencer Baker Street - Portman Sq ?

With great respect there are more exciting cars in London than the new A Class !

12. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Wow, is that actually a showroom? It always looks boarded up when I pass it.

13. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    You should wait till you go to Munich for that one, they have an incredible dealership there which dwarfs anything we have in the UK

14. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I haven't been past in at least 6 months. Has it closed down?

15. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Oh right, it may well have done then. Brown paper/boards on the insides of the windows, there may have been a 'We have now moved...' notice but I was unable to see clearly because of the, err... dark.

16. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Macari have a realy nice Red SuperAmerica (+2 430 spiders) in the showroom at the moment

17. samlondon

samlondon Rookie

Sep 14, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    Sam W
    I'd suggest Clive Sutton, 151/153 Park Road, St John's Wood, very near to the Lord's Cricket ground. One of my favourite car dealerships in London and very friendly. They had an XJ220 out there the other day plus Enzos and stuff. Well worth a look.

Also theres Belsize Motors in Kilburn but its a bit out of the way. Check

http://tinyurl.com/8kgkm

Happy spotting!

18. samlondon

samlondon Rookie

Sep 14, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    Sam W

Very near the science mUseum is the Lambo dealership

19. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Were'nt you traipsing round oxford yesterday?

You a serial showroom stalker? :D:D:D

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie