Ugggh.... I'm so SICK AND TIRED of hurricanes.... | FerrariChat

Ugggh.... I'm so SICK AND TIRED of hurricanes....

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ILuv4Res, Sep 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I am so sick and tired of hurricanes!!

Now that Rita is heading towards the Keys & Miami, I am stressing out again. It's not the hurricanes that stress me out as much as the task of boarding/shuttering everything up!!!

For Katrina, I shuttered my house before leaving for Boston just to have peace of mind while on my trip. (BTW...very, very special thanks to Andy for coming by to help!!!) However, I didn't have time to even begin boarding/shuttering my rental properties.

Shuttering my house is an overwhelming task by itself. I have 10' high windows along the entire back of my house in the master bedroom, living room and den. Each panel is almost 11' tall & weighs so much you can only carry one around back at at time. Now add the rental properties that take a large group of people 2 days to shutter.

I recognize that a bad storm has the potential to financially ruin me. That scares the cr*p out of me and stresses me out like crazy!!!

Ok. Thanks for reading my rant. I feel a bit better. At least until the 2pm advisory.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Me too, when I'm done w law school I'm spending the summer in Boston or Italy or maybe skiing down in Argentina :)

I love Miami but the heat & the Hurricanes are annoying

3. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    HIDE THE FERRARI'S

or get them to higher ground

G/L guys

4. 348Spiderguy

348Spiderguy Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Palm Beach Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric
    HMMMMMMM.... I wonder how a Ferrari would handle in a Hurricane?

Some things are best not tried. Then again....................?

5. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    well i cnat find the pic...but there was a Fcar garage that got all messed up in one..down here somewhere i think