A Big Thank You from Me to You | FerrariChat

A Big Thank You from Me to You

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dane, Sep 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    I would like to take the opportunity to thank those who offered the support during my ol' girl's theft and recovery.

Make no mistake, there are greater tragedies and priorities in life. That's exactly why I said this the day of the theft:

20 Sep 05:
    In short, please accept my sincere gratitude for your humor and optimism.

Dane

2. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    Glad we could help make a bad situation more bearable! (at least I hope we did) ;)

3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Dane,

I can only speak for myself, but this is very unnecessary. No need to thank me, my friend..... I'm just glad I was here to try and keep your head up and even happier that the issue can be put behind you .

4. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    Anytime Dane! Anyone who owns a Ferrari definately needs a strong support group! :)

Like you said, what's important in life stayed safe. The car can always be replaced. Or used as a donor car for a kit. Hey, instead of a 288 conversion, have you thought about doing a Fiero conversion? Now that would RULE!

5. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I dunno, that would probably piss off a lot of Fiero purists!

Surely he would be ridiculed for trying to pass off some random Ferrari as a GENUINE Fiero!

6. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! Could you imagine the embarassment at a Fiero show when the lid is lifted and everyone is like, "Hey! This is a Ferrari engine!! What did you do with the stock GM 4-cyl!?!?"

7. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    If anything, I owe you thanks - for your service to this country. It made me very happy to hear you got your car back in one piece, albeit slightly crunched, but in a condition that will allow you to enjoy it again one day.

Cheers.

8. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Pure heresy I tell you!! Maybe he could pass the exhaust from his Ferrari engine through a Rubbermaid trashcan to make it sound more authentic?

Although truth be told I WILL have an '88 Fiero GT in my garage one day (of course that will be after there is a certain Italian in there!) Pontiac finally got the car right in its last year of production. The '88 GT is what that car should have been from the start, and is actually a very fun car.

9. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    I agree with you. I think the Fiero is a decent, inexpensive sportscar once GM solved that little problem with them catching on fire, and people should own them and enjoy them for what they are. Not try and pass them off for something they are not.

But I have been spoiled by owning a Ferrari and I could never truly appreciate and enjoy a Fiero.

Having said all that, sorry about hijacking your thread Dane!

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #10 sjmst, Sep 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    I know of a guy (check my avatar) who'd take her off your hands for a few days. It may end up in the front end of police cruiser but, hey, if you need a break!

Thanks, Sam. Your 8 looks fantastic.

12. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    LOL...thanks.