getting your ferrari authenticated | FerrariChat

getting your ferrari authenticated

Discussion in '308/328' started by Newman, Sep 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Anyone have this done by ferrari? Ive emailed them about it, was told to download specific pdf files from the ferrari owners site (which Ive done) and now I have to fill out page after page of stuff and lots of pics. Im assuming I will get back something like a build sheet, something telling me specifically what my car had installed on the line and so on but they dont really come out and say that. Cost is 500euros to start + another 1000euros for investigation costs, blah blah blah. Has anyone done this and been thrilled with the info they recieved?

P.

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have done it. They needed a copy of the title, engine and trans #. They sent me back a short letter with dates of manufacture and when it left Italy, etc. (exact dates). I'll try to scan it in and post it.

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Almost $2000 for that?

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Yes its a lot of money but in my case there are a few items on the car that either make it unique or wrong depending on who did the changes to the car. Because its not a $300 nova it might be worth finding out. If I got a build sheet for the car indicating the car is correct then I can enter it in a concours type of show and have the documentation to back it up thats all. It can also effect the value of the car either negatively or positively, we'll see.

Tommy, if you could post what you have or shoot it to me directly I would be greatful.

Thanks.

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Mine was free

6. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul

Wow, I guess I should cherish my heritage certificate. A few Emails back and forth and I had it. I wonder if there is a question as to the cars ownership?

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I can get a heritage certificate too for free, its not the same thing. I guess its not that common, figured someone here might have done it, oh well Ill just go on my merry way, thanks.

8. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    REALLY. I mean maybe a couple hundred, but two friggin' grand?!?!?!?

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Evidentally what they gave me is not what your are looking for. I really didn't know we could do better with a "newer" Ferrari (post 1980)

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Tommy, they gave you the heritage certificate; the authentication program is a whole different story.