Non-members - where to go for Politics/Religion? | FerrariChat

Non-members - where to go for Politics/Religion?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Timbo, Sep 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timbo

Timbo Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    Portsmouth, NH
    Full Name:
    Timbo
    As many here, I lament the loss of P/R on this site. I'm not a F-car owner, so I'm opting not to sign up.

Where do you "outsiders" go to read good contrasting viewpoints on all the hot topics? Everything I am finding seems to have a bad signal/noise ratio.

TIA, -t

2. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    The Quad.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    BAH!
    Just watch. You'll spend fifteen bucks on two magazines, throw them away and have nothing to shop for it by the weekend!

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Another site. The primary focus of this site was and remains Ferrari's, which is free.

5. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Bubbaland, USA
    Full Name:
    Disgruntled Dave
    I'm not a Ferrari owner either but, I gave up fifteen big bucks and joined. Also, the sticky says not to post any P&R in the Off Topic because it was getting carried away by the "free loaders". :D

6. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I'm not a Ferrari owner... I paid $15 and I never enter P&R. I didn't come here for P&R.

7. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    When Vortex Media Group ditched those forum categories on their websites, several members started a new site.

http://www.npboards.com

I can't really recommend it or offer any kind of review as I don't participate or lurk there. I just know it exists and is centrally focused on those two topics.

>8^)
    ER

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sorry. Can't muster any sympathy for anyone who doesn't want to spend 15 bucks.

9. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I'm trying to get Rob to move P&R back to it's old place and give mods the power to ban users specifically from P&R. There are plenty of subscribed users who don't "get it" how to behave and there seems to be a demand for an unsubscribed P&R section and so it would take care of both problems :)

10. Timbo

Timbo Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    Portsmouth, NH
    Full Name:
    Timbo
    Actually, I didn't ask for sympathy, just a link for some good P&R discussion. There's a whole lot of pay sites out there, and I subscribe to a number of them (total cost: well over $15). But, can't subscribe to them all. Guess as a FC freeloader, I'm not even allowed to ask the question.

The npboards link looks promising at first glance. "The Quad".. couldn't find that one.

11. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Art's house. First MOnday evening, every month. He'll even supply coffee and cookies.

12. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    LMAO!

13. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    CNN or Fox News

BTW, if you have to ask this question then its probably worth the $15.

14. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    www.corvetteforum.com

The PR&C section over there gets pretty juicy! You better come in with guns blazin'...

15. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    why would you do that? describe demand

it was the black eye of the site. Leave it where it is. To those who miss it - pay the $15 bucks or go to another site. This is a site for ferrari enthusiasts.

16. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I think the mods move/delete a few threads a day from off topic so I would say that it indicates some level of demand. If anything having P&R in the subscribed section makes it more difficult to moderate. P&R was a black eye of the board because too much flaming and immature behavior was allowed. There are quite a few members (subscribed or otherwise) who didn't seem to "get it" when the mods tried means short of banning. I can't speak for the other mods but I was one of the more active mods in P&R and was hesitant to ban an otherwise good member for poor behaviour in the P&R section so a lot of that p1ss poor behavior was never put in check. If I had the ability to ban people just from the P&R section you can be sure that things would be much more civilized.

17. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I am a Ferrari owner, and I come here more often than not for the P/R section.

Pay the money. It is not alot of money to support F.C.

Hey it is the only section on F.C., where you can pray for a SWB !

18. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree with you Mark. And besides, there are many, many threads in the Other Off Topic section that I would view as a much larger "black eye" to FChat than what goes on in P&R.

Has it improved since the move? Or are the usual subscribers still causing heartburn for Rob?

John

19. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Same Here. I think Ive gone in there maybe two times, but never really posted.

20. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    No offense intended. There are parts of this site that are free, but it seems that they need to limit parts of it.

21. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Since you weren't allowed to ask the question, I guess this thread is a figment of my imagination.

22. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Make P&R viewable by all but allow only subscribers to post.

23. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    You go **** yourself.

24. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    But I thought you were banned from the food court!

CMY's idea above (making P&R readable by all but postable only to subscribed) is actually not a horrible idea.