Cheapest LHD 348 ? | FerrariChat

Cheapest LHD 348 ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Sep 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #1 tonyh, Sep 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    348tb
    1990, LHD. Rosso with nero hide; clean original non-accident early car fitted with single plate clutch and a/c. Recent cam belt service & new tyres. Drives very nicely. Asking ₤11,250 including shipping from Kuwait to UK. (estimated tax inclusive price around ₤14,500). Photos available. Contact Jon on +965-9212024 or email [email protected]. (9/2005)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    REPOST FROM FOC SITE

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    It's only a repost if it's been posted HERE before, numb nuts :p

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    okey then SEEN IT ON ANOTHER SITE

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    whatever :p

6. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I remeber someone sayin on here that cars from kuwait etc should not be brought over here because of the weather.

Something like the factory didnt protect the cars as well as the climate is so hot over there???

Is this true of bollox?

7. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    it was certainly true of mass-produced cars, particularly 4x4s. IIRC middle east Ferraris were handled by Maranello Concessionaires until Ferrari UK took over 4-5 years ago, so I imagine they were the same spec as UK cars.
    Even if they weren't rust-proofed to UK spec, it can't cost more than a few hundred quid to treat once it gets here.

8. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Tony - I think you'll find its Kuwaiti rands or something - equates to about £25K - I did look at it and then thought surely not!

9. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That car has done 148000 KM !!!! and by looking at the photos the guy Emaild me it is not in the best of condtions, I also beleve he has now sold the car

10. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I've contact with the guy who is selling this 348 with respect to another car. I decided I didn't want the hassle buying from the middle east, but he seems a pretty straight and helpful chap if anyone is giving it thought......

11. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Sorry for the late reply, it`s bollox!!

Car will be Italian spec and it rains there.

Regards,
    Phil.

12. Terry

Terry Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Cheshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I once imported a Countach from Saudi to the UK. I owned it in each place for a couple of years and the potential problem I anticipated was from "shrinking" rubber mountings caused by relocating from a hot (39C) climate to a cold (10C) climate. Some knocking from the suspension was expected but never materialised. After the car had been home for a year or so I did experience the main oil line coming apart at the hose to end fitting joint resulting in oil being dumped on the exhaust manifold. I couldn't miss the huge cloud of smoke in he rear view mirror and switched off the engine. I was fortunately passing a fire station at the time and coasted in front of their building to be met with the necessary equipment. Fortunately all worked out and only a new hose (and a good clean) was required.
    The paintwork does suffer in that sunshine and the leather too if not cared for.
    I notice in the case of Ferrari that they do make a car for the Middle East market (eighth digit of chassis number T rather than B for European market) so there may well be some differences.

13. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    #14 Organiser, Oct 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017