Return of MM | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Return of MM

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Sep 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    No, some of us post some damn fine crumpet :D

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I cant argue with that ;) i loved your last lot.

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think it's time to name names.

Who need's adjusting?

And Fan is right, is that all you damn yankees do? Start wars and step on everyones toes...

Learn to relax, and learn to love Max...
    The world is great, lose the hate....

(yee that rhymed, new sig)

4. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    F**k no! We eat cheeseburgers, shoot pistols and put big tires on our pick-ups.

5. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    kiss as$ of the year

6. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Rob, I believe your collaring MM with this title on his avatar for a year was a low move. You make a big deal out of the 21,000 users and then drop a "troll of the year" title on MMs avatar based on 35 winning votes. The poll was seen by most as a joke. Maranelloman never complained about it - lets see how Art likes the title in 2005. Will you make Art wear the title on his avatar for a year when he wins the poll?

I don't know who is more excited that MM won that rinky dink poll - you or Art. You both seem to equally enjoy referencing it. However, according to the poll you are a top 15 troll yourself and Art is the 4th biggest troll on the board.

In my opinon, MM was not a troll - his contributions to the Ferrari sections were substantial. His posts in the P&R section were on tempo for that section and stood out primarily for the fact he was a rare conservative keeping the loud liberal minority in check single handidly.

Lambo was a troll. He posted in all sections merely to aggravate and disrupt the community. MM is an owner, race car driver, driving instructor and enthusiast. The quality of the overall site went down when he left. The P&R section merely quieted down when he left as most of the conservatives don't have the energy or bandwidth to respond to the daily liberal rants from Art and crew. If Art stopped posting and MM stayed the effect would have been the same at a minimum but quite likely the P&R section would not even have needed to be moved.

One thing that is very clear from larger polls on this site is that the majority of members are Republicans, however for some reason most of the Republicans on this board don't wake up with a daily mission to sling mud at the liberals - a la Art and crew.

noted, my post above is not an attack

7. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    I personally think all you guys are great in your own ways. If it will solve some of the arguments, tag me with the 'Troll of the Year' award...I was probably the frontrunner back in May although I've probably dropped out of the running since then....

Anyway, I don't mind being the 'Whipping Boy' although personally, I think just having that poll causes animosity amongst those that otherwise might just be, dueling intelects.

Seriousness, Type of Humour, Sensitivity, Upbringing - It seems like its always differences in these things that cause misunderstandings that lead to dislike and then pure hatred (like the ****** that keyed Mike's car)

As with everything, it's always fun to have fun at someone's expense, unless its your expense.

8. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Rob
    MM is a true gentleman who has kindly made himself available via email to FChat members in his abscence here.
    True to his word, he has stayed away from FChat. Who has benefited from this? Now the possibility exists that he may return, given some prompting from his friends, but you insist on turning it into a challenge. For what purpose? I think we can all agree that MM is no Saint, but he IS bloody funny, along with being an invaluable resource for track day junkies like myself.
    Whenever these issues raise their ugly heads, I cringe seeing some of your posts. - can anyone say "double standards". Sure the "yes" club will come a running and kiss your @ss, but it doesn't change the fact that it is still wrong IMO. I think that part of this is because we do not know when you are posting as Rob the Ferrari enthusiast, Rob the Moderator, or Rob the owner, who is getting his knickers in a knot. I respect and acknowledge the first two, but don't believe there is room for the latter on this forum. You should be leading by example, not by threat of bannishment.
    Rob you may own the IP associated with FerrariChat, but the forum is owned by the all the members.
    If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to call you directly as well, but don't have your number.

9. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Things are much more peaceful in the Aussie section...... :p

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Save me a beer, I'll head over in a few...

11. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    there goes any chance of it being peaceful tonight... :p

12. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Should I assume that I'm not welcome at your events since you didn't respond to me?

No problem if I'm not, I'm always welcome at MM's events.

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Please be aware that Fchat is NOT equivalent to the DFW FCA chapter. If you have questions about the Fall Rally, direct them to me.

BTW, Rob, what happened to NNO's thread?? Someone didn't like some of the posts?

14. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I thought Rob was the president. Are you the new president of the DFW FCA chapter?
    My understanding was that Dave had already talked to you about me attending the rally and you didn't have any problem with that, but I certainly don't want to attend if the president doesn't want me there.

I don't have a member's card or a nifty decoder ring like Dave, but the Hill Country chapter considers me a member of their club and I'm even listed on the website as a member, so I must not me too bad of a person.

15. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    TexasMike, Tillman is the chapter Vice President, and personally heads up the Fall Rally. It is his show. I suspect that you interepreted Tillman's post as more hostile than Tillman intended it to be.

Tillman, the Dave that TexasMike refers to is FarmerDave (me), not MM. I thought I had already discussed it with you, and if I didn't, let's discuss either via PM or phone.

TexasMike, I have no idea what issues you and Rob had, but if I were you, I wouldn't assume the worst if you didn't get a direct response from Rob. You're reading WAAAY too much into nothing.

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Now see, this is why I sometimes don't like messageboards, all the nonverbals are misinterpreted...

Mike, all I was saying is that this Fchat tempest-in-a-teacup doesn't have anything to do with the Rally or our FCA chapter. Dave (Farmerdave) and I have talked about you coming along, and there's no issue with that at all. Regarding future leadership, there's an election going on now and we'll just see what happens.

There are no problems here.

17. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I didn't think Tillman was being hostile at all... I know Tillman is a good guy even though we have never met.

I'll PM you later when I get a chance...

Someone else has brought it to my attention that there may be an insurace issue with a non-member attending a FCA event.

18. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Damn, one thread about MM and everybody already has their panties in a wad.

Take your Wednesday chill pill gentlemen. If you're running low, talk to Uro, maybe he can suggest something. I'm going back to the bikini thread.

19. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Ugh.. insurance. Always there to piss on the parade. :)

20. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Not if you're riding shotgun with a member there isn't.

21. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob

You do know that Dave (MM) voted for himself, don't you? I think he wears the title as a badge of honor. I think everyone understood that the poll was a joke. Well, almost everyone.

22. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #72 Sfumato, Sep 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Why this attitude now?

When did I ever say you aren't welcome? I didn't know you were asking a question and Tillman is right, FC and FCA have no relation and if you want to talk about the Fall Rally, then Tillman is the contact.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very true, the real trolls are already banned. A large percentage of users did vote for who they thought was the most trollish of active users. Who cares about the poll, simply MM has a fan and hate club, same with me, Art, Rivee, TVR, Mike550, and etc.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    As said, only if you are trying and that isn't always the case. There have been exceptions in the past. Responsibility and decision of Tillman.

The FCA chapter president terms are expiring for both Dave and I.

Vote Tillman for president! :) The other candidate is a jerk. ;)