Exhaust recommendations - 360 | FerrariChat

Exhaust recommendations - 360

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hud, Sep 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not really heard too many different exhausts on 360's yet. Whats the options and prices? Any sound bites appreciated. Which one's the daddy.

2. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

leave the standard one on , capristo is crap on 360 and tubi's are for men with small willies

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    standard is cack, let everyone know you have a small willy and buy a Tubi ;)

4. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Standard sounds ok at high revs, but car is f1 so cant drive round revving it:)

5. monge2

monge2 Karting

Feb 24, 2005
    Essex
    Full Name:
    Martin
    going de-cat mate??

6. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    If i didnt give a **** about my neighbours, i probably would have put a Tubi on, but because i do give a **** and the times i was going in and out, i left the standard on. I personally think the Standard is fine. If you want to make noise with it, you can. With a Tubi, you can only make noise, which is fine, but if you have close neighbours or live in London where everyone is on top on everyone else, it can get really annoying and a little embarrasing !

7. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It was nice with the flames on the 355 but seems more hassle come MOT time than its worth. The cats on the 355 were knackered ill wait till the 360 ones are shot i think.

8. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    If you really MUST leave the awful std exhaust on, at least disconnect the bypass valves so that it sounds slightly less like a Nissan Micra.Instructions including pics have been posted on here, and it's simple enough that even I managed it in about 10 minutes!;)

9. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Sounds good - wheres the post?

10. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Rob
    I've e-mailed you the details which were very kindly sent to me by a chatter from the Euro section

11. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Spank your hairy crutch. Ill check my box.

12. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I dont like the standard one at all. Tubi is your best option, perhaps get a secondhand one a try it out

13. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Could you send me a copy please

14. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    and me please

15. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
    Stock exhaust sounds gay.

Tubi for me (and let me tell you guys, I laugh in the face of your willie association).

;)

16. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Totally agree.

Drive it std for a month then put a Tubi on - it's like a new car again !!

Sod the neighbours (having an on going rant and rave at the moment - "can you park it round the corner ?" - yeah WHATEVER !!)

Rick

17. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    #18 spidermanUK, Sep 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are the details I was sent, all credit to the nice guy, Vaughan, who sent them to me!

on the spider there are some panels in the engine bay that you might have to remove to gain access to the connector. It is really as simple as unclipping the connector, there is a square spring device on the collar or the connector that you press in and then the connector pulls off neatly. The sound is much deeper at idle and you have the advantage of being able to connect them again at will. On cold startup it will sound rather loud, however this quietens down as the engine and exhaust opens.

I am not aware of any potential damage/warranty issues, however if your taking your car in for servicing at a authorised dealer you could just reconnect prior to taking you car in. If anything at is allowing you car to breath easier, also a lot of car manufacturers install these devices purely to get past strict drive by noise regulations for licensing reasons. Some manufactures deliberately program power drops at the exact point (RPM) where the noise reading would be taken, typically ½ through the rev range.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    Get a Capristo level 2. It sounds so much better. I am usually the loudest car on a track.

19. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Clive get cleaning that injuns filthy :D

20. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Wasn't mine Si, belonged to the bloke who helped me make my car sound a bit more grown up!

No idea how clean mine is, haven't seen the car for a few months!

21. jimmmy

jimmmy Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jimmer
    where abouts in the engine bay is it located ? cheers

22. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    How come??

23. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    IIRC As you stand at the centre of the back of the car, if you lean into the engine bay (best done with a cold engine unless you want a Ferrari logo on your forehead), and look down to the right,near the exhaust box, just fwd of the rear light covers, you should be able to see it. There is a matching one on the LHS. If you print the pics above, and take them out to your car, you should recognise certain features.

On a Spider, you need a hex key to remove the covers at each side of the engine bay.

Good luck, and don't blame me if you pull the self-destruct lever, rather than the tasty noise switch!;)

24. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Mine's in a certain showroom seeking a new owner! Alas not found one so far!:(