Check out these two stories... | FerrariChat

Check out these two stories...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by modoindustries, Sep 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modoindustries

modoindustries Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2005
    Bel Air, CA
    Full Name:
    Sami C.
    Check out these two stories...From Auto spies.

Women Drives car Into Swimming Pool

Toronto - Mary Kenning decided to sneak her husband's 1998 Porsche out of the garage and get him something special for his birthday. The little trip cost her 42000 dollars in car repairs and other collateral damages. It seems Mary went to the Delphi Shopping Center and parked on the 4th parking level of the beautiful multi level shopping complex. As she was leaving the car, her foot slipped, and disengaged the parking brake, sending the car through the wall, down four floors, and into the mall's swimming pool. The car floated long enough for Mary to swim to safety. Say's Mary - "The car is ruined. My husband has not spoken to me since the accident." Her husband had this to say - " If I knew Mary was taking the car, I would have called the police to stop her. She can't even ride a danged bike !! Now my car is scrapped and I have to wait 6 months to get it repaired". The owners of the mall have sued Mary for the damage to the wall and the enormous ceramic lined pool. Keith Marsden, insurance agent, said " It's lucky that the Little Beaver Girl's Swimming Club finished it's practice swim, otherwise we could have had a bunch of squished beaverettes..". Mary has decided not to drive anymore. The Mudpile has found out that in 1996, she drove her husband's Mercedes off a ferry and into Lake Ontario. The car was never recovered.

---------------------------------------

Woman's test drive ends in Bellevue swimming pool

SEATTLE:
    KING 5: Woman rescued from car in pool

A woman escaped from a car as it plunged into a Bellevue swimming pool this morning, pulled from the vehicle by firefighters who dragged her through a sunroof.

The incident took place shortly before 8 a.m. at the Racquet Club Estates condominiums in the 4400 block of 145th Avenue Northeast in the Overlake area.

Witnesses said the woman had arrived to look at a red Buick Riviera that was being sold. With the woman behind the wheel, the car careened westbound out of the parking lot, went through two chain-link fences and down a slight embankment before it came to rest in the condo swimming pool, they said.

"I heard a huge crash and then the car was in the pool," said Jennifer Myrick, a second-floor resident in a unit overlooking the pool.

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Women, cars and pools don't mix?

I don't know how to take that one :D

3. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    why do women get a bad rap for driving recklously, men are just as bad when they are drunk.........

4. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    ummm.... ok

A few months ago a lady here in Portland drove her SUV off a bridge and into the Columbia River. What was she doing while she was driving, talking on a damn cell phone.

5. 4za

4za Formula 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Edmonds, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think you just hit the nail on the head with this one... ;)

Women's driving skills = Drunk men's driving skills :)

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Never heard of that story here !!

What did make the news today in Toronto, was a guy in a 360 rag was shot and drove himself to the hospital before dumping the car in a mall somewhere. The article is in the cANADA section.

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    No mention of the diving team...:)