USPS Shipment Lost. Do you know any effective way? | FerrariChat

USPS Shipment Lost. Do you know any effective way?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TigerAce, Sep 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    My friend shipped video tapes to me on 9/12 via Priority mai from Long Beach, CA.

I called Long Beach CA PO, but they said Priority mail w/out delivery confirmation cannot be tracked, and they are not responsible for lost shipment. I have a reciept of transaction which was faxed from the friend.

Is there any way to find or trace shipments? The person I talked at the PO wasn't helpful, as he kept saying USPS is not responsible. I have filed a claim on the net, also, but hasn't heard anything for 3 days.

Thanks for any tips on this matter.

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Are these the 'John Lamour Sex Tapes' that the Post Office is raising a stink about?

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    What they are telling you is accurate. They can't track it. I dont about the responsibility part, it depends if it was insured or not. I thought Priority mail was insured for $100 but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure it is if you do it online.

All you can do really is contact the post office it was sent from and ask to speak to a manager, and contact the receiving post office and ask to speak to a manager. Hopefully someone remembers something... maybe your mailman got it but delivered to the wrong place or something.

Delivery confirmation is like $0.80, if the package is worth more than $0.80 then its worthwhile to get it.

4. ferrarigtofan

ferrarigtofan Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2005
    USA
    Ask to speak to the post master and insist to him that you want to sign a complaint, I promise that will get you Priority service on this issue (pun intended).

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    UPS will take care of it!

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Close, but it's bukkake is included.

7. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    My friend wasn't given explanation on Del. Cfm. He's not from here, and just visiting his sister there. He brought 8 tapes all the way from Japan for me, so I feel really missing them out.

8. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Thanks. If the net thing didn't work out, I'll try this next week!

9. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I gave him my FedEx No., but he insist on paying for all his packages to me.

BTW, UPS is almost troublesome as USPS. I received 3 totally damaged shipment this year already....

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

UPS at least insures automatically for $100, and provides accurate tracking so when you lose a shipment, you know it's lost, and they pop you a check.

USPS tells us not to bother them with a tracking request until a shipment is 30 DAYS OLD!! Lotta good that will do you.

11. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I have routinely had Priority Mail shipments take 2-3 sometimes 4 weeks. If they were a private company they would have been out of business years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if your tapes arrive in good time. I only use Priority Mail when I really have no other choice. On the other hand, Federal Express has NEVER screwed up a shipment from me or to me.

12. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I don't think UPS Ground can track shipment, no? UPS only pay you back 30% of invoice value for oversea shipment unless you buy an insurance for full amount. About 2 months ago, I received domestic shipment by UPS Ground. The box was totally damaged, but was taped up heavily. Label indicated 24 lbs shipment, but it was only 5 lbs. 95% of content was gone, but they left it at the doorway instead of returning it to the shipper. Originally the shipper refused to take responsibility as FOB their warehouse. That was a lot of stress negotiating w/ UPS & the shipper!

13. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Yep, FedEx is so far the best based on my experience, too.

I didn't know Priority shipment can show up after 4 wks! That means I still have 1 more week to wait. I hope my package will show up in good time!

14. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    POLICY OF UPS

AUTOMATICALLY INSURED UP TO 100.00

AFTER 100.00, YOU OR CUSTOMER PAYS .50 PER 100.00 OVER 100.00

EVERY UPS PACKAGE HAS A TRACKING LABEL...CAN BE TRACKED IN 2 SECONDS..

I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE, NOT UPS

PLEASE CLARIFY YOSHI..

BRUCE

15. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Bruce, write this down, it's important.

USPS=United States Postal Service.
    UPS= United Parcel Service.

Professor Jim.

16. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

YEA, WHATS YOUR POINT??

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I try to avoid the Post Office as much as possible. The only thing you can count on them for is to deliver the junk mail and lose anything important. F\/CK the USPS.

18. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    You're right, Bruce
    I have a delivery problem w/ USPS. Someone posted something on UPS, so I mentioned my experience w/ UPS & FedEx. Originally I wanted some tip to track Priority Mail by USPS, as USPS wasn't helpful on my 1st try.

I'm just hoping that the package sent by a friend will show up someday!