348 coupe or nsx | Page 3 | FerrariChat

348 coupe or nsx

Discussion in '348/355' started by scuderiafever, Sep 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    By the power vested in me, I now officially rename this thread....
    Opening up a can of worms!

2. scuderiafever

scuderiafever Karting

Apr 10, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael J
    a friend of mine just gave me a noteable idea, not exactly out of the realm of possibility either. Ford GT reproduction

3. Dos531

Dos531 Rookie

Aug 22, 2005
    Now theres an idea that everyone can be against! Sorry I am just morally opposed to replica cars.

4. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    ....i never heard of a honda holding or appreciating in value...

get a ferrari for the experience. as long as it wont kill you to drop 2k here and there.

5. nsxct31

nsxct31 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    sugar land tx
    Full Name:
    Charles Sukhee
    get the nsx

6. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    NSX's are fantastic cars. Exotic, fast, comfortable and great sounding. I'm a fan of the earlier ones, 1992 in particular. The whole "Zanardi Special Edition" thing is overrated, IMO.

Rational says buy the NSX. Lust says buy the Ferrari. Either way, you can't go wrong. (This didn't help you, did it?)

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If you go NSX, try to get the 6spd (NA2). Great cars.

8. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    When I was exotic shopping...I was looking at 3 cars.....Acura NSX, BMW 850i, and Ferrari 348.....

I drove them all and the one I liked the least was the NSX....I always liked the way they looked but it honestly....felt like a Honda...

I fell in love with the 348 the minute I drove it....

I really liked the BMW 850i also, I felt it was part of that elite group but without the price tag...

So I bought the BMW 850i....and I liked it...for about 2 weeks...and then after the newness worth off, I realized what I had done.....I had settled... I was in love with the 348 and I was trying to make the 850i replace my desire for a 348....Well, it didn't work....so I sold it....

And I bought a 348.....and 1 year later I take detours in my house to go to the garage just to take a quick peek...You will not get that out of an NSX.

Get what you TRULY want...because 2nd place won't fufill the spot...

A WORD OF CAUTION.....

The 348 is not a daily driver, meaning....don't take it to work....Drive it because you want to....not because you HAVE to...You will hate it as a daily driver.

Take a look at my public profile and tell me you've seen an NSX that you would rather drive then that....That will answer your question.

9. WealthBuildR

WealthBuildR Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Seal Beach/Cypress
    Full Name:
    Wally Da Silva
    what exactly is the true definition of a raw car? I used to have a raced out carburated street driven bug that handled well, and ran 11's in the 1/4. is that raw?

10. scuderiafever

scuderiafever Karting

Apr 10, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael J
    yes, true, and that is a beautiful car, especially with the 360's wheels. But I will be driving the car everyday more then likely. But not because I have to because I want to drive it everyday. It seems like what it will come down to is me driving both myself. Its becoming a much more difficult decision that I would like it to be.

11. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    What he said!

12. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    I want to drive mine everyday also....and I try to whenever I can...but I don't want to drive it to work...and I don't want to drive it in the rain...
    but I try to drive it every night if time permits....As long as you have another car and don't HAVE to drive it when you don't want to...you will love it. If it's going to be your only car, get the NSX.

I do worry about my car when I park it some places...with the 850i...I never worried about it, nor would I with an NSX..

13. ferrarigtofan

ferrarigtofan Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2005
    USA
    Does the owner of a $8,000,000 California consider the lowly 360 owner in the same class? You should save up until you have 8000 large and then buy a real car. Whether a 360 owner considers you his equal of not isn't the issue unless you make one. Are you buying a Ferrari to increase your status or because you love the vehicle?

Maybe a person decides to donate $100,000 to cancer research and only wants to spend $80,000 on a car. The 360 guy can look down on this person, but most people would feel the donator is a better person. It's all about what you want from life, what niche a car fills for you, there is no right answer other than the one that makes you happy. Don't cast judgements if you do not know all the facts.

14. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    What a terrible first post! Have you ever seen the replicas, most are horrid and the ones that are good cost almost as much money.

LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION......

Does the 65K 348 owner look down upon the 15K 400i owner or the 18K Mondial owner....

AS A 348 OWNER MY ANSWER WOULD BE....

HELL NO!!!!

I love 308's, Mondials, and 400i's and I could give a crap how much they cost.

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO APPRECIATION FOR THESE CARS SO WHY DON'T YOU GO SPEND YOUR $200K ON A SET OF SL500'S...ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE TAKING YOUR OWN ADVICE.

15. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
  16. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Does the 400i comment extend to the first car in the series? :D

17. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Guys, if we are talking about spending $65K here, let's just see what you get for the money.

1) Ferrari 348. No warranty. Low miles. Expensive Maintenance and repairs. Sounds good. Crappy Interior. More "exotic." Not considered one of the more desireable Ferrari's to own. (no offense) I have not driven one or ridden in one, so I cannot comment on that. I have ridden on the racetrack in a 308, 355, 360, 360CS and 550.

2) 2002 NSX. Still under warranty with the option to extend it. Low Miles, Faster than a 348 hands down. Extremely reliable. Sounds good stock, easy to make it sound great with a $1500 exhaust mod. Interior is dated. Easy to drive around town and on a racetrack.

Both cars will attract a lot of attention. You will feel anxious leaving either car in a parking lot where you cannot see it. Both cars will make your friends envious. Neither car will attract a lot of women. Guys love cars, not girls.

Unless you just have a ton of money to spend, which is not the case of the guy asking the question, to me it is a no brainer.

I hope to get a Ferrari one day, but I will always keep a NSX around.

18. Acura Nsx Pilot

Acura Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name:
    Bailey
    No matter which one you buy finding out which one you like better is the best part. My advice is find the best example of each at the right price and drive it for a short time and find out which one you like better. Owning one for a short lenth of time you will probably be able to get back the same money you spent while gaining a good perspective of what each car has to offer.

19. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Simple:

Ask yourself: Do I want a honda like every one else can own? A car with no history or mystic. A car that drives itself

Do I want a drivers car? A car brand with history and a car no one else owns?
    A car you know your driving

I had a 348 and it was one hell of a car. Not that the NSX isn't but really, it is a whole different type of car. Hell it is a Honda

Mike

20. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    1. Why don't you try OWNING a Ferrari first.
    2. subscribe to this site.
    3. fill out the public profile.
    Then only then will you know what your talking about.
    I have friends that drive 308s,328s 360s,355s 512TRs & even 348s I get only respect from these guys.
    Don't slam other people for what they drive just because YOU don't have one OR can't afford one

21. Smite

Smite Rookie

Sep 29, 2005
    Looks like i hit a nerve with a couple of fellows here. Bristle all you want, but you drive a low in the Ferrari foodchain car. Accept that buying into Ferrari puts you into the snootery caste system whether you want to be or not. Keep your eyes closed and chant "all Ferrari owners are my family" all you want, but the fact remains that the lower lvl Ferrari's can be bought by normal folk and are not exclusive anymore. Don't hate me because I have you pegged for what you are. I absolutely love those that post "I wouldn't buy it because it says Honda".. Gosh I'd think you would buy a car because you like it, not for what the hood decal says. Now.. go run along and find your friend who owns a higher priced Ferrari so you can refute me.

22. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I've been around these cars for 10 years and the only model snobbery that I've seen comes from non-owners.

The real enthusiasts don't care which car you own.

23. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Bingo.

24. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie