O/T Move to Oz | FerrariChat

O/T Move to Oz

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by moulag, Sep 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moulag

moulag Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    #1 moulag, Sep 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    post this in the Aussie section. After McGrath's , 'were gonna whitewash them 5-0' quote, we are allowed to ram everything down their throats.

We got the rugby world cup, the Ashes, Rugby League Tri Nations coming up, if we can get that - all they have left is swimming and that rubbish Aussie Rules stuff ! (if its such a good game, why is it only played in Aus)?

Love bashing the whinging Aussie's !!

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Heard the one about the Englishman who arrives at passport control in Oz and is asked some questions by the officer: "do you have a criminal record sir?" "Why? Do you still have to?" replied the englishman...

4. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    i lived in Aus for 2 years, one of my fav jokes that !!! Probably head back there in a couple of years !

5. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yep I am still basking in the glory out here. I have a big sign on the door that reads:
    "Did you enjoy the ashes this year?" and a picture of the victorious team in my window so all the Aussies can see it! :D

6. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    you poor bastards....you have a right to get excited after 16yrs of losing to us. :p

Since our cricket team is so **** it doesn't say much about the English team that they could only just beat us. :)

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well said the english are great when they win and vert quiet when they lose look at the football fans they all watch cricket now

8. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    You'll get a proper whooping in Oz next xmas though! Our pace attack on those bouncy wickets of yours.

Don't forget the Rugby world cup as well ;)

9. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    you're joking right ???

we grew up on those "bouncy wickets", Lee and Tait nearly kill their own countrymen in Perth in practice games !!!

Imagine facing them on a pitch they know REALLY well .....nuurrrssee, bodybag please

you'll be lucky if you have anyone for the second test, the cricket team (and we use the term very loosely here) is copping it big time from all the old has-beens but the reality is that this has just wounded the pride of the best team in the world and they will come out fighting .

Crickets a great game, I can't imagine sleeping through any other sport as much...even the highlights have to be sped up to make it exciting :D

I thought the Ashes went to the team who wanted them the most and that was obviously England, Aus lacked the tenacity but I'll bet this has woken them up.

I thought the best joke was from Warney yesterday, he gets back from banging all them slappers in England and is trying to patch up his marriage , like WTF???!!!!

10. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    you think the trophy would be spectacular, its a tiny little pot

11. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Please tell me who is going to replace Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist, Warne , McGrath, Martyn, Gillespie ?

The fact is Aus relied on Langer, Ponting and Clarke to score runs and McGrath and Warne to take wickets. Nothing much came from anyone else, apart from the odd good few overs from Lee and he did ok with the bat.

Every signle eng player chipped in, Flintoff, Jones, Hoggard and Harmison all took wickets - Trescothick , Strauss, Vaugan, Peiterson, Flintoff, G Jones all scored runs when they needed too.

Apart from Clarke, who looks a good batsmen, you got no-one. So you got one ashes series left with the golden oldies - good luck

You were totally outplayed in 4 out of 5 test matches - FACT, dont believe me, read your own press.

Eng were the better side, deserved to win, deserved to win by more and with people like McGrath saying, 'it will be easy to dominate eng, i cant see anyting other than a 5-0 win for us' OF COURSE WE ARE GOING TO RAM IT DOWN YOUR THROATS !

12. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I think we have the best state/county cricket league in the world, you guys need our players to come over and make your competition worthwhile. :D

So there is no shortage of replacements for these old farts.... ;)

13. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Apart from Ian Bell who was terrible with the bat

14. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    yeah, i agree, didnt put him in the list. He did get 2 ? jammy 50's

15. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    So your going to throw about 5 brand new young kids into your test team at the same time ?

Still think your really going to struggle in the Bowling department, Warne and McGrath, possibly the two best bowlers of all time - gone ! No one could replace these two players and i didnt think much to Tait !

16. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    #16 steve f, Sep 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks

Nope :D

Like any wicket, you need the bowlers to exploit it. McGrath might just last out till next xmas, but he's gonna get more and more injury prone. Gillespie has lost it. Lee concedes too many 4 balls (have in my team every time though as he has the heart of a lion), tait isn't yet test class.

England on the other hand have 3 world class quicks. Harmison wasn't at his best, but will be unplayable in oz if he recaptures his form of last year. Then there's Jones and Flintoff for the fast swinging yorkers.

You'll be lucky if you make more than 300 in an innings ;)

I always read the Sydney Morning Herald, www.smh.com.au to get your press'd side of the story. Even they admit your looking like getting a whooping next year!

Planning on being out there for the new years test onwards.

Can't undestand why Hussey and Symonds aren't in the test team. Both are world class...........

18. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Feckin Geordie hethen :)

19. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You have a funny definition of "only just" you bogan :)

The weather saved you a proper drubbing.

20. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    England is the best, you guys are legends....and the Aussie team sucks now and will do in future aswell!

Go the Poms!!!!!

21. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    go the convicts

22. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    That's better :D