Hey, who's commuting in their 360? :-) | FerrariChat

Hey, who's commuting in their 360? :-)

Discussion in '360/430' started by SoftwareDrone, Sep 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is the second time in two weeks that I've passed (on the freeway) a red Modena (no grill) on my way to work. I'm traveling from San Jose to Pleasanton, and he (she?) is going the other way. Hopefully by next week, this person will be posting the same message about me! :)

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Either that or they will be posting on the National Stalker registry! ;) :) :D

3. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    mike never heard from you today? are you still looking at the car we discussed, let me know.bob willis

4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey sorry about that. I didn't want to bother you until I was sure the rest of the money had arrived, which wasn't until Friday afternoon. I called the dealership this morning, but none of the salesman know when the car is coming back out of the service center. As soon as it does, I'll call you so we can make a time to go check it out. If you and Brian give the thumbs up, then it's mine.

5. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

I'm a part of the National "Ferrari" Stalker registry... ;)

6. sketchsk85

sketchsk85 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Thomas

ok this is probably a really stupid question to ask but i really dont know. what do you mean by "no grill"? its actually had no grill?

-Thomas

7. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    #7 Lexdiamonnyc, Oct 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    he means the rear grill......i believe 360 modena and 360 spider's didn't come with them, only 360C and 360CS's........it's a comon cosmetic upgrade from what i see.........personally i think it looks way better, but there are a few colors that don't look right with the grill.....
    correct me if i'm wrong.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. sketchsk85

sketchsk85 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ok that is what i figgured but i wasnt sure... i think it looks great with most colors accept some of the blues... but i thought it was such a popular conversion that it became a factory option... either way i like it better than the regular grill.

-Thomas

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    When someone says that the car has "the grill", they mean the rear challenge grill. It is more than cosmetic. The challenge grill is totally perforated (full of holes) so the air entering the engine compartment has somewhere to go. This makes for a much cooler engine compartment. When I see the car go by on highway 680, I look in the rear view mirror, and the grill is red (matching the color of the car). All challenge grills are black. So, "no grill".
    :)

10. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The Challenge grill was a factory option on the 360 Modena and Spider.

Gary

11. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    You only need the grill if you plan to do a lot of track driving. For spirited driving on back roads even in the hottest weather (up to 113 F OAT in my own experience), you don't need the grill. The perforations on either side of the glass in the rear hatch are plenty.

fwiw, I've seen grills which have been painted the body color.