Poseur Run - 2nd October 2005 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Poseur Run - 2nd October 2005

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by angelis, Sep 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    i hope i get a car for the next one mmmmmm i wonder if the porsche boys do them LOL.....................

2. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    Porsche run: Every day in and out of The City. Today, noticeably, they all disappeared when the red traffic jam arrived.

3. Lamb360

Lamb360 Karting

Apr 21, 2005
    London/Herts
    An absolute cracking success of a day!!!

Loved the look on peoples faces as they heard us and then saw us coming..........Never seen soo many cameras and phones flashing away!!

Well done to all that turned up and a great big thanks to Sy, Dem and Hayley for all their hard work organising such an event!!

Nice to meet some of you guys and put faces to names....

Roll on the next poseur run........

Harry

4. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Poseur Run 2006 is going to be HUGE!

Thanks for organising guys :D

5. WillW

WillW Karting

May 23, 2005
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Many thanks for Sy, Dem and Hayley for organising such an AWESOME day and thanks to other participants as well!!! I have never seen so much smiling faces and cameras flashing in London as our queue went by... :D

My personal favorites:

Best sounds: Stradala boys
    Best revving at traffic lights: 360 BAD BOY
    Best looking car: Andy's Daytona
    Best co-driver: my missus as we didn't get lost not even a single time! :D :D

6. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Your Missus must be congratulated as that is a most unusual fete, mind you she was following a lot of other noisy red cars:D

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.................:D:D:D:D

7. WillW

WillW Karting

May 23, 2005
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    So am I, living 2 miles from Hyde Park... :D :D

(so actually this was related to my bad habit to get lost here, even just next to my house :D )

8. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I would've deffinately got lost in the Big Smoke cos I'm a country bumpkin:D

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    yep

10. cossiemetro

cossiemetro Karting

Sep 4, 2005
    essex
    Full Name:
    tony
    he he i can't help it

11. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    It's nearly 7pm. Where the hell are the pictures? Jeez, you don't get this poor service from a Kent run...

Edit - found 'em in a different thread - Doh!

Edit Edit - there aren't enough of 'em....

12. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    :D :D :D

13. ChrisP

ChrisP Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks to Sy (angelis) and the others for organising.

You boys made soooooooo many people happy today. Not just the ferrari drivers but all the people along the routes - camera phones going mad, people lined up against the railings etc

We had so many nice friendly comments from people when we stopped at lights, from other cars etc it was a great day to be part of.

Awesome noise, great memories, great day, thanks to all.

We couldn`t make the hotel in the end as Lower Thames Street took about an hour so decided to cut and run through Blackwall.

Thanks again

Chris

14. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Funny thing about these cars. In the main they don't generate too many negative reactions (in my experience) and Chris is spot on.

So many people with mouths open agog and the amount of photos and videos taken was amazing (though remembering you're being watched is a challenge :)). Don't think people could quite believe what they were seeing and hearing :)

Agree that RedKen should get in touch with Sy/Dem/Hayley and ask for a repeat performance :D (though doubt it'll happen).

15. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Many thanks to Sy, Dem and partners for organising ! Great morning out.

James

16. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Mate, she still ain't talking to me, so I doubt she'll ever forgive you!!!! ;)

Shame you had to leave, but hope that car's OK!

17. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    A pleasure mate. As for the Sanderson, I reckon they've destroyed the saying "cheap as chips" - ain't never seen a bowl of fried spuds offered at £6.99 before!!!! Still, they were nice! ;)

18. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    No worries and let's hope so! 50 cars should be a nice round number for 2006. 40 from F-chat, and then another 10 passer's by who just happen to be in a Ferrari (about to walk the dog etc.) and have never heard of F-chat! I probably won't have a Ferrari then, so I'll be looking to bum a ride from someone!

To be honest, Sy, Hayley and I were really unsure about how enjoyable a run through town would be given that we were inevitablly gonna be split up because of traffic lights, right turns etc. However, being in town meant that you were never actually that far away from each other. And although none of us are really poseurs ( ;) ), having an appreciative audience makes it all the better I think. Fast drives in the country are great, but what happened today was a once in a lifetime thing for so many people.

Again, thanks to everyone for making a memorable day!

:D

19. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I did. B0llox.
    And broke the 355 too. Double b0llox
    Had a cracking day though. Definately worth organizing a norvern convoy down their next year.

i'll have someone to get lost with then.....:D:D:D

20. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Oh no! What have you done?!??!

Did our gold paved streets react badly with your alloys or something?!?!?!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS: Great to finally meet up! Look forward to you joining us again next year mate!

21. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    after terrorizing a different part of London for an hour with the 512TR, we headed back to the meet up point and the F1 decided it had had enough and would not select a gear for a good half hour :(

The TR was loud though, had a great laugh as it was :)

Put me down NOW for next year. I'm glad I were'nt the first to mention the hotels prices :eek: I'd have been branded a tight norverner, but £35.00 for two chicken sarnies and £11.00 to park for an hour is pushing it a bit innit?? :D:D:D

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I live 20 mins away and got lost with Tom Tom :p

23. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    I think I'll get a kebab van organised for next year and a few picnic tables. Parliament Square seems a good venue, with plenty of parking all the way around!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

24. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Your kebab van and a couple of DJ decks playing Ibiza Toonz would have been OK on South Carriage drive :) I was surprised how few cars were actually there, and I'm sure we could blag the whole strip next time.

25. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    We'd have to get up early to do that!
    ;)