NE1 have a VW touareg??? | FerrariChat

NE1 have a VW touareg???

Discussion in 'Other German' started by henryr, Oct 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i'm looking at replacing my expy with something smaller but that still has some towing capabilities. apparently, there is some sort of controversy with the 7,700 tow capacity. the gas mileage looks like it sucks and the rear cargo area is tiny. any thoughts???

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

The v-10 TDI will pull stumps and still do 40mpg (or pretty close) what are you towing (weight and tounge) ?

3. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i was told they don't make the diesel v10 anymore. jetski's and i would like to get an open car trailer to take my car to some other tracks besides RA.

4. Ducati998S

Ducati998S Karting

Aug 19, 2005
    Lutherville, MD
    Wait on the VW. They're coming out with a V6 TDI that will make as much torque as the V8 gas engine ... and it'll get decent mileage too.

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

sonofabithc didn't see that

PLEASE NOTE NEWS ON 2005 TOUAREG V10
    AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - An unexpected EPA test requirement will suspend sales for the 2005 model year of Volkswagen’s Touareg V10 TDI, the largest and most powerful direct-injection diesel engine available in an SUV.

The V10 TDI represents a fraction of Volkswagen’s total Touareg volume with projected sales of about 450 units annually. The EPA’s recent decision to require more tests involve a liquid additive that Volkswagen uses in its exhaust treatment system to reduce emissions. This additive has been successfully used in Europe with good result; however, the EPA determined it needed to conduct its own testing.
    Volkswagen sold 2004 model-year Touareg V10 but new 2005 requirements required the update to the V10’s exhaust filtration.

Volkswagen said the model year suspension of sales of the V10 is disappointing but is only a temporary setback in creating a family of advanced, powerful, clean and very fuel efficient diesel engines.

“We know we are pushing the envelope in high-tech diesels and that pioneering new technology involves complex setbacks; however, this unexpected testing requirement is a technicality in meeting EPA requirements and we understand the decision, even though we may not agree with it. We are more determined than ever to bring the most advanced and cleanest possible diesel engines to this market, since we know that diesels can be a real solution for conserving fuel and being even more environmentally responsible.”

NOTE: Since its debut in the U.S., Volkswagen’s V10 TDI in the Touareg has been widely regarded as one of the world’s most advanced engines in the market. The V10 TDI, a powerful, high-tech diesel engine, showed that Volkswagen’s diesel vehicles not only provide significant fuel savings but also offer very desirable performance that attracts customers who demand the best power delivery without compromise.

As a leader in the development of clean diesel engines, Volkswagen was determined to bring the V10 TDI to the world’s greatest car market and show that a high output TDIs are great to drive and therefore desirable to a wide public.

6. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i went and looked at them. the rear hatch cargo area seems way to small. don't think u could fit a set of clubs in there.

the used v10 diesels appear to have had no depreciation. but for $50k, i'd buy a daily driver and a $15k f250 for a tow vehicle.

7. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Got a ride in the V10 TDI. Impressive engine, nice interior appointments, otherwise hated it! My Volvo 850 wagon is way bigger inside. I mean i felt claustrophobic inside and this after driving my Mondial to see it.
    SUV= Expedition, thats what i have.

8. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Whatever you do stay away from the V6. It just isnt big enough to handle the weight of the car.. let alone the weight of a tow hook.