F430 Production Woes? | FerrariChat

F430 Production Woes?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Philip in AL, Oct 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Philip in AL

Philip in AL Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    I was just informed that my F430 Spider that was due in my hands by this past Friday has been delayed. I'll get more details, but it's my understanding that the factory is working on two issues; a software problem and a problem having to do with the instrument cluster. Does anyone else have any more info?

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

There have been a couple of people that recently were on tours and the line was running at full tilt. I think that they just can't keep up with demand and they don't want to admit that. Not much you can do about it. Just make sure they aren't flipping your car to someone else. I'd rather have an '06 anyway.

3. Philip in AL

Philip in AL Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Mine is a 2006; was supposed to be one of the first. I don't think that I'm being handed a line. I'm pretty sure that that the source is shooting it straight.

Have there been any common "software", shifting, E-Diff, etc problems that current owners have noticed?

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I had an e-diff warning light that took a week to fix, but it was just an intermittent short in a switch, nothing that I would expect would be an epidemic.

Gary

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I believe an 06 will be delivered in Jan. My 360 came about now and it was the curent year and not the next year like the american manufactures.

6. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Funny, I was told the same thing. I am to receive one of the first 2006 Spiders. HOwever, I am having difficulty getting an accurate update on exactly where my car is in the manufacturing process. My dealer is making inquiries now and I hope to have an answer very soon.