Off Topic But Veyron is not the Champ anymore.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Off Topic But Veyron is not the Champ anymore....

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Shayon M, Oct 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ettore Bugatti died in '47, the original company ceased to be sometime in the mid 50's. You're comparing apples to oranges by saying that today's Bugatti has anything to do with the automobiles of the past.

C.

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I just love it when people put "Off Topic" right in the title of their post and then proceed to post it in the wrong forum anyway. If it's "Off Topic," then please post it in "Off Topic." Thank you.

Thread moved.

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    That's fine I understand that. But it still has a lot of history and lot's of presitge. Bugatti's have diamond tip speedometer needles and the Viper will always have plastic dodge Neon heating knobs.

Putting these 2 makes in the same sentence just makes me twitch. And making this comparison is really "apples to oranges".

Just my .02 that's all.

V.

4. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    A 1000hp viper is a good and all but the Veryon is like nothing else on the road. Sure its ugly but it makes 125 some hp per liter

5. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    First of all, Hennessey says that the 2006 Venom 1000 Twin Turbo goes 0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds, 255 mph, and with only twenty-one left at $255,000 according to the Exotic Car Buyers Guide by dupont Registry. There is even Gemballa advertising a Mirage GT that has a Carrera GT delivering 1000 hp, 0-60 of 3.2 and a top speed of 250 mph for 2.25 million dollars. There is even the Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette with the topspeed of 254.7 mph. But all these lack the control, styling, and the years spent on developing like the Bugatti. Also, none matches the "wow" effect that when you see it for the first time. In addition, gbrown37 there was a total of three Veyrons over in colorado doing testing.

6. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So far you have not stated one fact in any of your posts. Many of the guys on here including myself own Vipers and TT Vipers. Vipers share no parts with the Neon and the SRT10, which is a convertible, stops better than a GT2. The Bugatti is an over priced, under powered pos. The ENZO has heritage, not the VW Bug. The Bugatti is so far behind on HP it's already out dated.

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_54_0.wmv

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I understand many here have Vipers. I have not owned one but have driven them and have been around them many times. To be honest, I like the GTS (98, 99).

People were bashing the Bugatti for no real reason with "no facts" either. Its not a fair comparison. So basically I was doing the same for the Viper. The Neon-parts sharing comment was just a way to express the quality of the Vipers interior. I would imagine the part numbers not being the same.

Sorry if I insulted Viper owners but I dont think this is a fair comparison thats all. If we were comparing "the VW Bug" and the Enzo then that would be a real discussion.

And as I have said 2 or 3 times.....this was just my .02 cents. Thats what these forums are for.

V.

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Yeah, hennesey comes up with these one-offs to get people to place orders so they have cash to finish the projects that they ran out of money on due to litigation and will worry about fulfillment later.

by the way guys, who cares about the history of the car when you lose?

since we are all playing one-off dream car russian roulette, how about a 1500hp Ultima GTR from Brammo for about $300k??? do you call that a race car, component car, production car??????? may not beat the 'hypothesized' hennesey in 0-60, but I am sure in about every other aspect/stat, it will turn those vipers into a nice snakeskin boots and even the bugatti owners asking "what the hell was THAT" with the look. I mean, I don't know any other car where the guy that built it is afraid of it.

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I doubt a $300 greddy part is going to improve the V. hell cut the wastegate and let it boost until the heads go 'pop' :rolleyes:

10. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
  11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I hate Viper interiors, the SRT10's is only marginally better. That all said I cannot wait to see what the new GTS based off the SRT10 will be like.

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Has hennessey started making his own cars which customers can buy, or is he still taking customer cars, keeping them for a year outside, selling parts off of them, and not informing anyone?

--Dan

13. samlondon

samlondon Rookie

Sep 14, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    Sam W

Thats exactly why the Mclaren is my favourite car.. even though some little prick could come along with a tuned evo or viper or something and (possibly) beat it, the fact remains that its an F1.. Just like the Veyron. even though (I hope) it wont be as exclusive as the F1, it will still be from scratch. It's a new design, freshly built and thats why its so fantastic.. Not because someone added a load of add-ons.

But i do agree with the thread title.. "Veyron is not the Champ anymore".. its always gonna be the F1!!!

14. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    255 mph in a Viper? No thanks, I'll pass. Unless they do some drastic revamping of aerodynamics and chassis, going that fast in that car would be a deathtrap waiting to happen.

Turbocharging, supercharging, etc. etc. It's all the same. Big f'n deal. In 5 years, the Henessey Viper will be worth about 20% of what you paid for it, and will be a nightmare for maintenance. And it will probably have a twisted chassis. There are tuned Mustangs, Vettes, Camaros, Firebirds, etc. that can eat exotics all day long. So what? How many exotic car owners do you know that say, gee I wish I had a ____________ (insert tuner car name).

15. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Oh, and by the way. How is the Veryon not the champ anymore? Because Hennessey says the Viper will do 255mph? Don't believe everything you hear.

16. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Anything you read on a message board must be true.

17. floppy

floppy Karting

Sep 19, 2005
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Pat
    A wise man once said "You can build a car to run just about any car. " I could drop a blown 454 on to a vega frame. Bolt in a seat a roll cage, 5 mph bumpers, blinkers, lights and rivet some body panels on it and beat the **** out of almost anybody with a mere $15,000 investment. The fact is still that it is a crappy car that doesn't do much but go fast a scare people to death. I love the Bugatti. While the Veyron owner is driving the Viper owner is in the shop, over and over and over again.

18. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    I read in a Dutch car magazine (AutoVisie), that one of the first Veyron customers ordered 2: 1 to drive and 1 to look at :)

19. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i would love to play with one of these crazy tuner turbo monsters but certainly not own one.

i was just at the track today where one of the major ferrari dealers was testing a 360c with a totally custom twin turbo setup. it was amazing to see the effort they put in. the mechanics said they spent tons of time and $ fabricating everything themselves. was going like stink until motor caught on fire (a small one).

no thanks for me unless its factory with a warantee.

20. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!

and then have a $1,200,300.00 ball of fire! :D

21. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Well said and applies to all those tuner cars as well.

22. HELDERRR

HELDERRR Karting

May 27, 2005
    Toronto,Lisbon,
    Full Name:
    HELDERRR
    First, thing first. I have seen the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 in the wild. I saw the car testing on public roads in Berlin, Germany back in July 2004. I also have close up pictures of the car in the Volkswagen's Group showroom in Berlin Germany. The blue on black one. First it's one of the most beautifull new car in the world. You have to see the car in person. Wow, what a car. Only 300 cars are going to be build, as 2006,2007,2008 time frame. At 1.2 Millons Euros's per car they are going to sell every one they build ! So far there are 22 confirm sold unit. Viper what ? It's not all about top speed, and cost. It's all about full detail of the whole car. Very special car indeed. Oh, by the way is this car coming to Canada ?

23. turbo6

turbo6 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Will any Veyron owners be bold enough to mod it?

24. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No Veyron is still the champ because it is actually that fast from the factory.

25. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Henessey has a very bad rep yet he stays in business fairly well.