Looking for a used TUBI or Borla exhaust for | FerrariChat

Looking for a used TUBI or Borla exhaust for

Discussion in '308/328' started by gam4, Oct 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    for 89 TR
    617 875 1415

2. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    If you find 2....let me know...sure like to get this stock unit of my 87 for a reasonable price. Capristo or Fuchs will do.

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Borla doesn't make exhaust for that...

4. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #4 carguy, Oct 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Borla used to make systems for Testarossas.....cuz I have one on my '87 TR. I bought my used system off ebay (not cheap!) and spent many hours cleaning and polishing it up. I'll try and attach a pic. I'm thinking of making my own system using 4 resonators and coming straight off the headers and out the back. If I do this I'll be selling my current Borla system. The Borla system is very cool in that it does away with the cats and precats, but it is a complicated system and I can see why they discontinued making it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I bet that wasn't cheap

6. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Jeff...I'm also working with a muffler guy here using the straight out the back idea....but straight out the back is deceptive. Have to bend up-then over-then out if pipe exit is to be through regular opening. Lot of work but worth it if it looks and sounds ok. What to do about o2 sensors? Think they have to be onboard for all to work well. This unit for track days only----of course. If it becomes to much of a chore, I may be interested in your Borla unit.

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi sparky p-51: Bill Badurski is the technical chairman at the Ferrari Club of America and he made a system for a TR he owned similar to what we are thinking. He has been kind enough to provide me with some details of what he did. His basic arrangement was 4 "S-shaped" pipes coming off the headers and the tips were 4 corvette resonators that were cut just short enough to work. It's a slick idea and I'm amazed it hasn't been copied to death by now. He used steel pipe and then jet-hot coated them. He also had an O2 sensor bung on each of the inner pipes for proper fuel system operations. I would like to duplicate his system but in stainless.

8. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Boy would I like a copy of Bills lashup. Muffler pipe is ok by me as it is so easy to form. Never thought of renonators...I was sortta sidetracked to Smittys or something smillar, perhaps motorcycle units? Never thought of units from headers. Seems as if swooping pipes could take up some some of the line up mess. Thanks, ss

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I have a Borla on my86 for many years now. Once one, you have to do some adjusting because the car breaths much easier. Once you get the mixture right and the revs your fine. The fine tunning comes in major heat when you use the A/C, and then winter/fall when the temp cools. i took me about 2 hrs to adjust properly. Its always passed emmisions as well here in Toronto. the borlas sounds like nothing else on a TR. Heard the Capr i think ? and it wasnt as throaty as the borla.

10. massimofinance

Nov 24, 2004
    I actually have a stainless steel Exhaust for a TR in my parts arena.

Not sure on the brand, will check. Let me know if you are interested.

11. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Try Borlasforless or Tubimart.