A Word To The F1 Lovers... | FerrariChat

A Word To The F1 Lovers...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Oct 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    ...don't count us stick-shift fans out yet. - :D

From the KansasCityChannel.com local news.

---

SHAWNEE, Kan. -- A carjacking was averted Monday morning because the culprit couldn't drive a stick-shift. Police said an employee of Perceptive Software was approached in a parking lot at 7726 Hedge Lane Terrace by a black man with a shotgun. The would-be thief demanded the victim's car and got inside.

However, he couldn't drive the Chevrolet Camaro because it had a manual transmission. The culprit got out, ran to a waiting car and fled the scene.

Unfortunately, the thief took the victim's keys with him. Police described the man as thin and in his late teens or early 20s. He was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt. He fled the scene in a silver Chevrolet Cavalier with Missouri license plates.

---

2. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think stickshift owners should form a lobby to get lower comprehensive insurance rates!

Dave

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    he was to lazy to shift.

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    What makes you thing the carjacker could have worked paddles? When I took my first 360 in for emissions testing in MD, they had no idea what to do.

OTOH, it' s possible he was targeting a stick shift car (misdemeanor in most places) instead of a paddle car (felony everywhere) and simply froze under pressure.