Bridgstone - Superior Drive with Pirelli's | FerrariChat

Bridgstone - Superior Drive with Pirelli's

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by D11VE:J, Oct 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    I can not thank the guys on FChat enough who advised me to put Pirelli's on the 575 when the tyres were changed. The road noise is halved, the car is less direction sensitive, it would dive all over the lace at 100mph on motorways, it is smoother to drive, I can hear the radio, and I can speak to my passenger without shouting and hear myself think again. If this is not your experience then all I can say is that this is mine.

Why Ferrari used Bridgestones with block treads I don't know, the car is 100 times better with the Pirelli's on. Thanks guys.
    D11VE:J

2. Jonny5

Jonny5 Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    How is the car in the wet, on non f-cars I always found more confidence with Bridgestone over Pirelli

3. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    Not a problem for me there, it never goes out in the wet. honest:p:p:p:p

Cricky, don't tell me that P's are useless in the wet, perhaps I can get a spare set for the rain. The Bridgestones gave me a headache, I'll put up with the car piroeting in the wet for a smooth drive and peace from road noise.

4. panterasteve

panterasteve Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    huddersfield
    Full Name:
    steve b
    tyre noise can be a big problem between makes of tyres ,i changed all four wheel bearings on a car i owned (not fcar) and was convinced it was a bearings as the noise would differ round corners and as the tyres wore down the noise got worse just to convince me even more it was the bearings ,after i had changed all the bearings i became suspicous of the tyres changed back to pirellis and noise vanished ,will never use yokos again!!!

5. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    On my 355 I've noticed a very, very slight improvement in the wet. At the expense of a bit more road noise.

The differences really are small though.

I've come to the conclusion that there probably isn't a tyre out there for the 355 that would be very good in the wet (something I'd sacrifice dry outright grip, road noise and wear rate for). Though Continentals have been suggested.

6. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    Were you one of the guys who recommended Pirelli's to me a few weeks ago?
    If so, thanks.

7. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Would never use anything but Yokos on my 7. Superb tyres :)

8. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    #8 D11VE:J, Oct 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. panterasteve

May 4, 2005
    huddersfield
    Full Name:
    steve b
    Were you one of the guys who recommended Pirelli's to me a few weeks ago?
    If so, thanks.
    D11VE

no m8,but if you ask me again i would always recommend them,the only thing i dont like about them is they dont have much tread depth so you find they dont last long!

Would never use anything but Yokos on my 7. Superb tyres

cant fault the grip in the dry ,very sticky,down to personal choice,but its amazing that tyres can make such a difference dont you think?

10. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    #10 D11VE:J, Oct 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    The FCar is a completely different car, the worst problem I had before was that the car would move on the road following the groves or lorry tracks, it would steer itself, the car seems a lot more controllable now, I am sure its not just me imagining it, its a completely different drive, smooth and very pointy, it steers where I want it to. Sounds crazy I know.

12. panterasteve

May 4, 2005
    huddersfield
    Full Name:
    steve b
    my pantera suffers the exact same problem to the point i just wont drive it on the inside lane of the motorway,which bizzarely it does have fitted pirellis on the front.just shows that tyres make all the difference to different makes and models of cars..

13. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    Panterasteve; absolutely true, horses for courses m8.