Can somebody help me with the max width of a 348? | FerrariChat

Can somebody help me with the max width of a 348?

Discussion in '348/355' started by rnelson, Oct 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    Hi guys, I hope somebody can help me with this.

I am currently in the market for a 348. I have an open car trailer that I use for my existing race car, but it is a little narrower than most trailers inside the rear fenders. My existing car has only a few inches of clearance on each side. My concern is that the 348 might be too wide to safely get it on an off the trailer.

From googling the web I see that the official "width" of the car is listed at 74.6" but I am not sure where on the car is the widest point. In all reality, I will probably end up buying a new trailer, but it's been bugging me ever since I thought of it...

If any of you 348 owners out there could measure off the widest point of their car, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

- Rob

2. Terry

Terry Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Cheshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Terry
    #2 Terry, Oct 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Looks like around 77" at the mirrors (which can be folded back). The body is about 75" max (just in front of the rear wheels). My 8 year old daughter was holding the othr end of the tape, so it may be off a little.
    BT

4. Terry

Terry Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Cheshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Terry
    #4 Terry, Oct 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    Thank you for all the replies, both those pictures and measurements helped a lot!

Looks like it's time for a new trailer :)