Need source for Ferrari shop manuals and parts manuals | FerrariChat

Need source for Ferrari shop manuals and parts manuals

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jungathart, Oct 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Hi, would someone share with me this info? Thanks :)

2. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Thanks John,
    I am amazed that ferraribooks.com has ORIGINAL manuals!

3. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    t.rutlands has them too

4. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey atlantaman, I thought Roswell was in New Mexico?

5. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I actually grew up in West Texas and have been to Roswell. I did not get to see the crash site but believe the UFO was actually a Ferrari prototype which became airborne as a result of loss of control from excessive speed.

Gotta admit I prefer the conspiracy theories ;)

6. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    To all:
    I purchased a set of dealer only manuals & SERVICE BULLETIN updates that the son of an ex-Ferrari of Dallas (back when it was Classic BMW/Ferrari) mechanic had laying around. I met him while displaying my 308 at a car show/cruise night. This was his his Dad's personal set he used to work from. The manuals are mostly mid '70's through early '80's

I took all the originals (after making good quality copies fro them) & sold them on ebay. I have offered copies of the copies on ebay from time to time.

I also have a copy of the "build-it-yourself" from scratch fabrication instructions that were published from the Road & Track article "Recipe for Smoked Testarossa" where a 365 V12 was shoe-horned into a 308 GTB. I know that a few have been built around the world. Interesting reading even if you don't plan on building one.

I do not have the complete list of what I have available here with me at work, but I will post the list this weekend. I am not trying to sell stuff here, but rather make them available to a central access "depot" if one is being set up. I MAY be able to accomodate a few specific requests for copies (unless it becomes a full time job) to make & send copies out for the bare cost of xeroxing & mailing ONLY.

Once again, not trying to make a profit here, but rather do what little I can to stop those price-gouging literature dealers (just because a customer needs the information for their FERRARI does not mean they have BIll Gates type money & are just dying to give it to some schmuck literature dealer). I mean who wants a $400.00 pristine shop manual that they can't even use in the garage for fear of getting a speck of grease or dirt on it?

<rant mode off>

If someone is setting up a access "depot" of info, let me know & I'll contribute.