Justify Your Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Justify Your Ferrari

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by KenC, Oct 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChrisP

ChrisP Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I`ve already bored some of you with this so apologies ..............

Never thought I could afford a Ferrari but needed to sell my BMW 840Ci that I`d paid £36k for 2 yrs previously.

I was offered 18k by BMW dealer against new X5! Was contacted by a guy who wanted the 840 but needed to sell his 308, did I want to swap?

So swap was done, gleaming red machine in garage, flag on wall, Ferrari books and mags on bedside table - you know how it goes!
    Few drives, few meets, you start to feel proud (not flash as mine`s too old for that) but enthusiastic comments and waves from other drivers make you realise just how special this marque is.

And yes I`ve done the numbers and have promised myself, with wife`s blessing, that I will move up through the range. Once tasted this is something that you don`t want to be without!

So justification Ken, that`s easy, I never wanted one in the first place!!!!!!

2. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    I like that a lot - nice to hear of an honest dealer:D

3. steve456

steve456 Karting

Feb 16, 2005
    in uk, south coast
    Full Name:
    steve

haha well done ! me too, just seperated, already had a bentley r, and always wanted a 456gt in blue/cream - and thought, bugger it, i'll have both, so i now have both . . and don't need to justify them to anyone!!

lol

4. Tabletcounter

Tabletcounter Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    John
    Hope you told the dealer why you were cancelling

5. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane

Similar story M8 and I always enjoy going out in my 328GTS or 512TR.
    My wife often asks me why do I grin every time I get into them.
    Probably she's jealous!

6. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Dave if you worked non stop 24/7 for the past 30 years, how come your not dead? Me thinks your slightly exagerating:confused:

7. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    BigB, I did not take a holiday in all of those years, I saw in the new year many years at work, in 2004 I was working in Dublin Airport, completing a project on new years eve, although you are right of course, since learning to sleep in the vertical position I have had the odd nap, but otherwise, I never sleep, I had a mission and have almost accomplished it. Someone asked me the other day, have you worked in the energy industry all of your life, I said - Not yet:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
    D11VE:J :)

8. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Because I couldn't afford a 993 GT2 the 355 seemed like a reasonable second prize

9. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    In the interests of keeping Ken's thread on topic I've moved a number of posts into the cafe. Feel free to continue the discussion there

10. coolblue

coolblue Karting

May 6, 2004
    I have a passion for racing. I have formed my own race team (with one car in it) with my own mechanic who fixes it occasionally as well as fixing other peoples cars. The races just happen to be mostly on the road...oh, and slower than a normal race (if plod is reading)

11. ferrarimadbloke

ferrarimadbloke Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Porthcawl S.Wales
    Full Name:
    Leyton Thomas
    I,ve tried the rest (and I mean ALL the rest) and have decided to stick with the best ! - Forza Ferrari!

12. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I thought 28 was the right year for a Ferrari particularly in my case. I have very little responsibilities and if I were to have done the sensible thing of investing the money in property, by the time I'd have returns I'd be old and fat look a sad sight in a sexy low slung sports car.

13. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    I find it assists greatly when sneering at poor people!:D
    Isn't that why everyone buys one?:D
    And I bought two, so I could go out sneering with a friend!:D