What is the Ferrari Ethos? | FerrariChat

What is the Ferrari Ethos?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by angelis, Oct 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I've been told that by posing about and revving my car, I am not following the Ferrai Ethos.

Can someone please tell me what the Ferrari Ethos is so I can follow it.

It's not what Dale does with his car is it?????

2. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    I think it may be bragging complaining and talking sh1te.

Or maybe that’s just SteveF.

3. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem

Do Tubi do a 1" bore pipe with 5 silencers? Seems to me that a few people in this chatroom would be well up for that. Certainly would remove that nasty sound which they feel offends people and makes them look like a posing ****.
    ;)

4. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Its an interesting question Angelis and Dem

From a purely personal perspective I think it much more about actually driving the cars than polishing them and posing in them. This clearly differs from many on here who seem to derive immense amounts of pleasure claying, polishing, keeping their cars in car cooned garages and generally fussing over them more than I would. I am a real enthusiast and when I had my 355 GTS I used to take a lot of care keeping it in concours condition, seem to have moved on now.

Last Sunday was an interesting outing , certainly a crowd puller and whilst many people seemed taken with the whole thing I suspect that there were many people (probably locals) who thought we were a complete bunch of ..........s . I personally enjoyed the single run that I did although I didn't get all the revving at traffic lights and as others have pointed out , actually thought it was a little embarassing.

Would I do it again - probably not , see you all at the next drive out ! :D:D:D

regards
    James

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    My own veiw of the ferrari ethos is having a bloody fast and gorgeous machine, and driving it hard in all respects. Angelis you have had first hand of my ferrari ethos in regards to hard cornering and awsome acceleration and top end:D In fact i wish that the ferrari performance package was more like that of Porsche. If you want more power with Porsche you take it to a dealer and simply pay for the couple of hundred extra BHP:D Yea! Now you try doing that with a bloody ferrari, all you will hear is "why would you want to touch anything as perfect from the factory?" ........WHY! becourse i want to go faster and harder you moaning gits:D...what? i say what i like:D:D

6. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Fair enough mate, and as I keep saying, each to his own. And I'm glad that you were at least part of the run, so your comments are all the more appreciated.

What I think has been missed here, is that nobody was ordered to rev their engines! Why did people do it then? Because the crowds were encouraging us to do it! Nobody turned up last Sunday thinking "I must rev my engine at every set of lights!". It was a completely spontanoeus thing.

Why do people do donuts on runs like The Gumball etc.???? For their own pleasure? Bo11ox. It's to show off. Anyone who says different is a liar. You think driving fast on sweeping roads makes oncoming drivers think "Ah! How sensible - sombeody driving their Ferrari properly". No, they will think "Twit in an expensive car who is going to kill himself and probably somebody else". You drive a Ferrari, you're gonna take some stick whatever you do. What we had last Sunday was a parade; not a race or a rally.

When we do this run again, maybe people won't rev their engines, maybe they will. Whatever happens will undoubtedly be done in a spirit that's in harmony with the environment / atmosphere at that time.

7. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Why don't you buy a proper car, like a Koenigsegg then?
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    If i could open the doors i would:D

9. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #9 angelis, Oct 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Mmmmm! I see! Have to get Mr 'segg to tie up with Clarks and sort Chaa out!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

11. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    But once you've mastered it, tell me you wouldn't keep doing it just for kicks?!?!?!?
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Angelis Will you just.................:mad:

13. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    #13 EK3R, Oct 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. PaulButler

PaulButler Karting

Jul 30, 2005
    Surrey UK
    So winning the prise for the best sounding exhaust last Sunday, I must be on the top of the pile (or the bottom depending on how you look at it).

I stand by what I said on the day. Good clean fun. No harm done. Just loads of enjoyment by participants and the majority of onlookers alike.

Did we get noticed? Objective accomplished. Run appropriately named.

Ethos??????????Do I support revving at traffic lights by some 30+ Ferraris? You bet, provided it is done appropriately and in accordance with the occasion. Should one discourage revving when a group of F-cars get together? I think one needs to fine a happy medium within the bounds of sensibility.

So just my view from my vantage point.

Regards of all F-car enthusiasts (and may I also include P-car occupants)

15. wobbler

wobbler Karting

Mar 14, 2005
    Reading
    Full Name:
    Ian

Spot on and well put. Ian

16. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    On general forums there is another thread called, "how not to drive a ferrari video". And they are moaning about that as well, bloody yanks, moan moan moan;)

17. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Has your brother stopped grinning yet? He loved it, we loved it, the on-lookers loved it, what's wrong with that?:)

18. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Yeah - I noticed that!

Maybe they're just p1ssed that they didn't invade London before us!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

19. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Hi Dem

Well put , and kind of got me thinking about the day. I want to make the point that I did enjoy the day and certainly got caught up in the "emotion" of the event. It was only when I reflected and watched the videos that I made the reply that I did and wandered if all the revving was really required.

Always appreciate the opportunity to meet up with fellow enthusiasts !

regards
    james

20. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Angelis,

To P--s Off porsche owners at every available opportunity!!!

Regards,
    Phil.

21. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    typical old school FOC response

22. tomkranz

tomkranz Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Tom
    What is the Ferrari Ethos?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Cheers,
    TOM

23. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Ferrari ethos ?

The search begins inside yourself, with the answer somehere on a circuit if you're lucky.

As Enzo himself said; "to stir your soul, my cars are to be driven in anger".

24. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Tom,

A fine sentiment, sir.

Beau,

The man himself left a memorable quotation with that one, but for me I'd say it revolves around being passionate about making superlative cars for people who are passionate about their cars. I like to drive my Fcar 'con brio' and 'con gusto' (musical terms most suitable for the playing of a V12 orchestra, IMO), and certainly not too quietly - which I like to think he would have approved of....

...a beautiful curvy body, a throaty voice, expensive to maintain and likes a good sound thrashing - what more could a man ask for? (And the Fcar.) :) :)

J.

P.S. Not sure about that green thing - looks well dodgy.

25. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem

Hi James,

Appreciate your comments mate, and don't be put off by the video! You were there and know how it really 'went down'. If you enjoyed it then, I hope you'll enjoy it again!

Cheers,

Dem.
    :D