standard exhaust mod - mixed results | FerrariChat

standard exhaust mod - mixed results

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SKOOPS_UK, Oct 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SKOOPS_UK

SKOOPS_UK Karting

Feb 6, 2004
    Did the simple exhaust mod of removing the electronic clip, thanks to helpful instructions posted on here earlier. Instant result, exhaust note at idle much deeper and bassier, although almost that annoying pitch you get from over blown Subarus etc. Also thought that the fantastic mid range bark you get in 3rd, 4th was muted, might just be in my head, but my feeliing is Ill probably put it back to normal mode. Anyone else had any experience of doing this mod?

2. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I did the d.i.y. mod too. Sounds better than standard but obviously not as good as a sports system.

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    ......so what do ya think you should do then Rob???;)

4. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    not going to rush in - there's loads of different systems available - gonna get it right this time. Tubi sounds too tame on the 360 for me - want something thats sound like your cap.

5. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I did this for one long trip out. Put it back to normal before returning home for the same reason as you say. In standard mode I also get the same bark in 2nd but it does not come in until 4,500 reves whereas it is at 3,500 revs in 3rd and 4th.

6. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I've just picked up my 360 from Nick Cartwrights. He'd put a sports exhaust on as part of the deal. It sounds extremely loud, very different noise to the Tubi decat on my 348 - but that was always going to happen.

I'm going to give it a few months before I post any sound bites, I guess it takes a while for the box to 'bed in', but it does sound unique !:)

7. monge2

monge2 Karting

Feb 24, 2005
    Essex
    Full Name:
    Martin
    NGT mate ;)

8. Lamb360

Lamb360 Karting

Apr 21, 2005
    London/Herts

Nick has a company local to him who make his exhausts.......stainless and very similiar to the tubi.

9. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    The sound is getting better all the time:)