Forman Motorsport Scottsdale? | FerrariChat

Forman Motorsport Scottsdale?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by AZSpider, Sep 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZSpider

AZSpider Karting

Oct 8, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Anybody dealt with Forman Motorsport in Scottsdale? Where do the majority of there cars come from? I see they have a Gallardo listed that says it was just traded in to the Ferrari Dealership on a new F430 but how would they end up with it, i doubt if it was a good car that a Ferrari dealer would wholesale it. Thanks

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Where are they located? Do they have a website?

3. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Never heard of them, do you know where they are located (cross streets)? Where are they advertising their cars?

Thanks,
    Terry

4. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
  5. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Guys,

They are at 16th Ave., just south of Happy Valley. Good for us "West Siders", like Terry and me. Franz Forman seems like a very nice guy and straight shooter. I've seen the yellow Gallardo in his showroom. It appears very nice. I believe he bought it from a Ferrari dealer out of state.

Jeff

6. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    That is weird the website has the 16th ave address, but also mentions the 101 and I17 which are at least 5 miles apart. I am always at the intersection of 101 and I17 and have never seen this. This is cool another spot on the west side for me to gawk!!

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I'll have to check out this shop. That Gallardo may have my name on it!

Ciao.......Dino

8. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Keep your sleezy Chiroprator hands off that Gallardo! It's mine!

Jeff

9. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Franz is a stand up guy. I've had a few dealings with him and would not hesitate to do more business with him in the future.

10. Upshift

Upshift Rookie

Oct 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Franz
    Thought I had better clear up some of the questions: I am honored to be the subject of a chat. :)

First, thanks for coming by Terry and Jeff. It was great to meet both of you. I hope you can make it by for our Car Show and grand opening reception for our new location on Oct. 22nd- It would be great to have a string of Italians show up at my shop (which is heavily occupied by Germans at this point!). The show runs between 1-5 p.m.

I purchased the Gallardo from a Ferrari dealer in Texas. They have a local client that owns a jewelry store who had the car while he was waiting for his 430 to be delivered. Once his Ferrari arrived, he immediately traded the Gallardo in for the 430. Knowing full well that his new 430 was worth at least $50K-70K over list as soon as he signed the paperwork, he was willing to sell the Gallardo short of desired price and move on. The Ferrari dealer had a large inventory of cars at the time so I purchased the car from them and had it shipped in covered transport to my location in Phoenix. The dealer is very reputable and I just bought another vehicle from them yesterday for one of my Porsche customers. Hope this clears things up.

Our new shop is "near" the intersection of I-17 and 101, but actually on the S.E.C. of 16th Ave. and Happy Valley Rd. Feel free to check us out at: formanmotorsport.com There is a map to our location under the "About Us" section.

Hope to see you all very soon.

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Jeff...........

Stop drooling on the computer.............its C-H-I-R-O-P-R-A-C-T-O-R.....but I get your point. Are you going to buy the Gallardo? I actually want a black one, but for the right price yellow will work too. Are coming over for the Jap GP on Sat?

Ciao
    D

12. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Dino,

Sorry I didn't make it to your place for the Jap GP. Watched it at home.
    Anyway, since I don't have your kind of $$$, I'll have to wait for the price to come down a little more on Gallardos.

Jeff

13. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Hey Jeff

You're like the guy sittting on his yacht, in the shade of his helicopter looking at the yacht next to him that has two helicopters, saying "Some people just have sooo much money!"

14. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Alex,

Yeah, yeah, yeah,......don't even go there...........your the guy with THREE helicopters!

Jeff

15. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    It would be jets (Gulfstreams, Citations, etc.), but there's no room to land a jet at Alex's house.