Can a F430 beat the new Z06? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Can a F430 beat the new Z06?

Discussion in '360/430' started by kozmo, Oct 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Opinions are like as*holes, we all have them.

You probably, wait, change that, I know you haven't even driven a American V8 performance car. If you had your comments would be different.
    Your a typical "bench racer"....talking about things you have NO experience with.

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    does NZ make any cars?

3. Charlesgt2

Charlesgt2 Karting

Mar 16, 2004
  4. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Well the GT3 is a TRACK car, considering, the F430 did quite well if you ask me. Plus who knows the quality of the drivers!

5. Bill Oxley

Bill Oxley Karting

Feb 23, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill Oxley

That sounds kind of subjective.

One ear hears it one way, and the next ear hears it a different way.

I think both cars are pretty awesome!

6. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I am a manager at a Chevrolet dealer. I can get a C6 Z06 for a thousand over invoice. I just bought a 355 over that. And I will be getting another ferrari 360. So there is no way I would ever have Z06 C6 over any ferrari, so no, it does not beat a F430 by any means. Sell to the mass, drive with class.

7. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I guess you know what you are talking about seeing as how New Zealand makes all those fabulous cars and all.

8. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    You're absolutely right, you did a perfect job mocking yourself. Makes me wonder if there really is an intellect to speak of here?????

So instead of you mocking cars you've never driven, why don't you move on, perhaps sheep hearding or some other activities that you and your sheep share. ^.*

Ps instead of you getting all insulted and starting a flame war, follow your own advise and take it with a slight sense of humour. Ok mate? =)))))

-Peter

9. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    It's the latest Automobile magazine.

C6Z06 vs Viper Vs Ford GT
    The showdown alot of people have been waiting for.
    Z06 Viper Ford GT
    Best Lap time 1:32.75 1:33.95 1:32.45
    (Gingerman)
    0-60/QT 4.1/12.0 4.3/12.4 3.8/12.2
    Braking 70-0 149 150 156
    Cornering 1.10g 1.04g 1.03
    Top speed 198 190 205

The common complaint of all was the interior quality. The Viper and the GT had quite a few complaints against them by the reviewers. The Z06s only complaint was the clunky shifter. But they said it was heaven compared to the Vipers terrible shifter. The Vette was the most usable, the best value/dollar and the best sounding. The GT was the best looking though. That's obvious to me. I think the Z06 wins hear but it all comes down to what you can afford. They did say all 3 were the best American sporsts cars ever and the GT and the Z06 were among the best in the world.

10. GiB_@!

GiB_@! Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alex

Im English and Britain do make rather good cars actually :) You are right though, I have never driven a ZO6.. the only US cars Ive had experiance with are hot-rods, totally irrelevent. However, Im talking about images and when I regard a Corvette it just seems second rate. So flame on, but its an opinion.. If holes are opinions then we all have the right to probe. hah.

11. andyferdinard

andyferdinard Rookie

Oct 2, 2005
    I just didn't know that a joke can beat MC12/DB9R/550LM/575GTC in FIAGT, Le Mans, Sebring 12 hours ...etc. legendary races.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also Ferrari fans.

12. GiB_@!

GiB_@! Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I was refering to road cars.

13. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    and, all I could think of was that this car is almost *exactly* like my '99 Vette. 'Nuff said right there. Some things never change ;)
    That said, if a Z06 was all that was in my price range, I'd get one, take it to LPE, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, (like I did with my '99), and for about 20k more, have them make it one of the most outrageous, fire-breathing, badass Z06s on the planet.

14. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    order your gold chains yet?

15. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    A car with only 240 miles (not even broken in) pulling 11.6 @125+ when the magazines with professional test drivers can only muster 12.0-12.2? That silver car would seem to deny the laws of physics...just think of what times it will do when it has 3000 miles...(roll eyes)

Bottom line is that many people got way too hyped on the Z06. The car is in the same realm of performance as an F430 and Gallardo, but by no means does it destroy the competition as all the early media reports had claimed. The magazines and TV shows need to hype new products to keep things interesting, keep sponsors spending money, and generate drama. How many times have you heard the phrase "best Vette yet"? I should hope that they newer iterations of Vettes are the best yet. That kind of goes without saying. Half of this stuff is for selling magazines, plain and simple. And some manufacturers are sending ringers to their early tests to aid marketing hype.

I drove the new C6 Z06, and it is a great car for the money, no doubt. Performance is on par with pretty much all the other 500hp cars out there, with the exception that the Ford GT has 550hp+.

16. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Thank you! I am looking forward to the drive home. Hopefully I will have the car this week. I will make sure to post after I get back. There is nothing like first hand experience to dispell all the myth wouldn't you say?

17. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Just ignore that kid....

18. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I hope your not calling me a lier. If you knew ANYTHING about car magazine drivers they aren't the best, there not "professional" anything. The guy I know is a great driver, has been racing for years and powershifted the car....ran 11.60's and 11.70's all day....sorry to break it to you....(roll eyes)

19. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I don't understand why so many people in this thread are so determined to bad mouth the Vette. The fact is a lot of the engineering is similar to that of all the other cars it is being compared to. I think this group is just plain old fashion snobs. I too own a Ferrari and love the car. There is no doubt Ferraris are wonderfully engineered cars. But, no truely open minded person would say some of the things I have read here. I don't care what badge you put on a car, the performance specs speak for themselves. Maybe some of you are just a little bit ticked off by the fact that a lowly little American sports car has managed to trump all of your high dollar snob machines. I am looking forward to driving right past all you stuck up *******s who think your Ferraris don't stink!

20. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    No, I'm not calling you a "liar". (not quite sure what a lier is, possibly someone laying down)

If I knew "anything"? I'll tell you what I know, and I don't get my info from magazines or tv programs. I have owned, tracked and driven a sh*tload of cars.

I've driven the new Z06, and ran against it with my Gallardo. I suppose then the Gallardo must be capable of 11.6's in the quarter, because the Vette was about 1 car length back at 140mph. That's real world, no magazines, no stories, real world. But I don't feel the need to thump my chest. These are all fast cars.

The bottom line is that all these 500hp cars (Z06, F430, Gallardo, SRT-10) are all so close in performance, it's not even worth debating. If your acquaintance did run an 11.6, good for him. I can only assume that under similar conditions, the other 3 cars could duplicate this.

21. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    To answer the question proposed:

Yes it can under certain circumstances.
    and No it can't under other circumstances.

But....who really cares?

22. BobR

BobR Guest

Jul 8, 2005
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bob Rouleau
    The quarter mile time will vary depending on conditions. The surface - a drag strip is stickier than a regular road. Altitude, temperature and humidity also make a difference. Beating a magazine test driver's time is not a proof that one driver is better than the other. I won't even talk about tires! Iin the real world the test of 5-60 i.e. rolling start is a better indication of a cars ability to accelerate. Note that it is almost always slower! than the standing start. That's because clutch abusiing launches are not involved. I've watched a national mag test a car and I'm very glad it wasn't mine. They beat the crap out of it trying to get the best 0-60 time - beating the test time of another national magazine was an incentive.

As I said earlier - who cares? If you want a Z06 buy one. If you prefer a Ferrari , well you know what you have to do. Basiing your choice on pure power, or acceleration is to my way of thinkiing a lot like chosing a wife based only on her cooking.

Rgds,

23. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Wow, you can drive two cars at once....

No G can run a 11.6....the stupid AWD kills it's launch....
    If you drop the clutch, BOOM....bye, bye clutch.

Don't get me wrong, I love F-cars, hell even some L-cars.
    I find it so funny how so many are worried about a Chevrolet
    that costs a fraction can keep up with or beat these other cars.

24. biella

biella Rookie

May 3, 2005
    I love them both, but you cant say it's still a chevy. They are built completely different then a chevy, and i mean that from design to hand built engine.

25. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    True but if it is power and acceleration your looking for then it is a good reason. Unfortunatley for the detractors here, the Vette is more than just powerful and quick. It is also nimble, fast and very well engineered. I think those who want to knock the car should do thier homework before they open thier mouths. It will help keep them from putting thier foot in it!