recaro seats for mondiale T ? | FerrariChat

recaro seats for mondiale T ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by [email protected], Oct 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doctp12@aol.com

Nov 4, 2003
    I would like to replace the original "uncomfortable" too small for my Butt, seats in my '90 mondiale T with a Recaro or other quality seat good for long drives, and track days. What do u recommend? Do u use the original seat brackets bolted to the new seats or do u change out the whole system. Comfort and support in leather, is it possible???

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    This is an area often covered for the two seaters but rarely for the 4 seaters - interesting set of criteria - do you need the seat to move fore-and-aft or can it be fixed - will you still want tipping seats for rear access - the chances are standard racing brackets & seats can be used if you want fixed - otherwise it is more complex & expensive - if you end up going the bottom mount sliding bracket route let me know as I may have a set of suitable sliders

3. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    I suppose he is just looking for new front seats.

The decline mechanism of my drivers seat has broken, so I am considering buying new front seat with better lateral support instead of having the old one fixed. However, the seats in the t are very narrow which reduces options.

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Seats which i think would be suitable for Mondials with compatable mounting would include Testarossa seats and the 348 seats, especially the challenge ones. Would really like one that had the 'Daytona' style leather pattern.
    best
    rt

5. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    #5 Zertec, Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Mondial Z project includes new seats that are based on the (narrow) racing style seats I developed for TVRs but wider (see attachment). They will fit (at least the QV) because that is how and why I am making them.

There are going to be 2 versions; a fixed back version and a reclining/tilting version. The fixed back mould is complete and I will shortly be starting the reclining version.

It will be possible to mount these on the existing runners if desired.

The Mondial Z cars will be trimmed in Alcantara with a Daytona style pattern but the seats can of course be trimmed in leather and in any pattern. Memory foam is also an option.

Harness slots can be added if desired and the harness finishing ovals are CNC machined from aluminium.

The shells can be any choice/mixture of carbon/kevlar/GRP and can be bare, painted or trimmed. I will probably use bare carbon fibre.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    cannot see the pictures in the attachment - i am very interested in the reclining seats with the daytona pattern - do you have a jpeg photo?
    many thanks for all of the great work you are doing

7. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed