M6 on offer at list.... | FerrariChat

M6 on offer at list....

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CUE99T, Oct 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've just been offerred a list price launch car for 82 grand, whats the view?

Paul
    CUE99T

2. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Too expensive - massive depreciation, but BMW's fastest production car to date, love the looks.

Rick

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    82 grand for a bmw is a joke - however good the car is to drive, it will depreciate like a stone. and bmw's legendary "couldn't care less" attitude to existing customers once they have sold the car leads me to conclude DONT TOUCH IT !!

5. Timmmmo

Timmmmo Rookie

Jul 1, 2005
    sunderland
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i was offered a m6 aswel bout 2 weeks ago at list from a local dealer, cancelled order he said, but at 85 grand it was far to expensive as a daily driver i bought a 997 tip instead and its a fab car for everyday duty,

my 360 getting a service and gonna go away for winter lol

but 85 grand is far 2 expensive for a bmw i can see massive depreciation

cheers Tim

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stimmers offered his car on here IIRC .....

7. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Tom Hartly has the first UK car already, doesnt look that good to me, i seriously doubt much of a premium was paid for this car. You wont get a premium on an M6 now, and unless you want it as a daily drive and can afford the massive depreciation, dont touch it !

think of the car you could buy for £85K - £90k

8. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've paid my deposit for a new generation M3 due out in 2007. Do you reckon they would sell at a premium. I'm no3 on the list at present. Worth anything?

9. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    There will deff be a premium market for early M3's, how much depends on how many come through at the start. When i first started looking for my current M3 every dealer in the country was looking for them, one dealer had a yellow one and he told me 2 guys were literally fighting over it. There were none around.

I dont know if this will be the case this time around, but there will deff be premiums for early cars regardless.

what price have you been told the new M3's are going to be ?

10. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #10 Hud, Oct 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. OmegaSteve

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Been quoted basic at circa £45k but with a bit of kit £50/55K. But no dealerships have got any info on even what the car is going to look like let alone any costs

12. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    that sounds about right, was a little worried they might start hitting £60k with a decent amount of spec.

Love my M3, briilliant eevryday car that is quick, handles well, gets 4 people in, decent boot and understated good looks. I've had 3 of them. I havent ordered a new one yet as BMW styling has got me concerned, i dont like any of the recent cars (even though they are all fantastic to drive).

My dealer has told me i can have one of the first batch of 5 they will get should i want one though.

13. OmegaSteve

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I know what you mean about the styling although the they are beginning to grow on me.

Will wait until a full spec comes out before taken it any further but had an E46 M3 and was a fantastic car, wish i had never sold it

14. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    IMHO - I think there will be an initial premium on the M3's but only for weeks rather than months. I think manufacturers now make so many and effectively 'flood' the market at the start that there isn't much to be made.

If you like the M3 you should also try the CSL - bit less creature comforts but better all round performance. As quick as a Murci around the Ring !!

Rick

15. Radders

Radders Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    2nd on the list in my area for the new M3 and im told its going to be quite special.

V8 engine, 400+HP and agressive styling.

The 2 door 3 series is about to be launched and this should give us some indication.

16. Radders

Radders Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
  17. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I wasn't looking for one, it just appeared and just wanted to see what the view was.....

My thoughts is I could get a used 997 and a LHD 348 and still have change for the insurance.

cheers for all comments, reckon I'll leave it alone.

Paul
    CUE99T

18. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    I like those alloys a lot

19. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I sat in an M6 at my BMW dealer today. What a car - even standing still. It looks great inside and out, though I'm not sure what was standard fit and what would bump th eprice up. The carbon roof went well with the grey paint and the inside was covered in carbon to match.

20. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Have you Kent boys had freak amounts of sunshine and been out without your hats again?

BMW 6 series? Looks great? You don't hear those words in the sam esentence very often :D

21. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I had a sit in one at Goodwood earlier in the year, along with the M5. I thought the interiors were virtually identical, with the obvious exception that you can fit four adults in the M5. With the M5 only slightly slower too, it does make me wonder where the extra ~25k on the price goes.

But hey, I won't be buying one any time soon :D.

22. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The weather was good today but as I have a Modena that did not impact my judgement. I liked it a lot, but not enough to buy at £80k.

23. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Got an E-mail from Tom Hartley offering me their M6 yesterday, said they would do 'a deal' on it !

I declined

24. G7RYE

G7RYE Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Ackworth
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Paid? I rang my local dealer and they put me on the list FOC, don't know where I am on the said list though. I was doing a bit of research on this and not all dealers are requiring deposits at the minute, some £500 and other £1000. I wonder if the amount you pay denotes where you are on the list! I think I might check......

25. OmegaSteve

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    They asked for #500, same as when I bought an E46 M3.