After Italian Car Day: | FerrariChat

After Italian Car Day:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Oct 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here's something to consider for after Italian Car Day ends in mid-afternoon:

Hooter's in Hiram is hosting a car show on Saturday from 4 to 9 PM, to benefit the Shriner's Children's Burn Center.

The Top 30 Cars will win awards, and there will be door prizes and a 50/50 drawing. Entry is $20, but spectators can watch for free!

The Hooter's is on Wendy Bagwell Pkwy (US-278) just east of GA-92. From I-20 just take the Thornton Road (GA-6) exit and keep going west.

2. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The JC's will be giving away a 1980 308GTS Sunday in Gainesville. It is there Ann. Mule Camp Springs fest. They are having a car show also. From what I understand, There will be special parking near the 308 if you have a Ferrari. I think it starts at 11:00 am

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Hi Jim,

Are you going to that show? Do you have the actual address with zip code for Mapquest? I may be able to make it myself, thanks,

Stephane
    Scaledetails

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I wonder if the model from the Aston Martin party will be there? Noooooooo!

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Gee, it would be great to wow the Hooter's girls with TWO Ferraris (or even more)! Do a Mapquest search for 5464 Wendy Bagwell Parkway in Hiram.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Considering that at most of the shows I go to of this type, I have the only Ferrari (and often the only foreign car!), I think we startled some people last night with an Italian show of strength.

For awhile, no fewer than SIX Ferraris were at Hooters, dispersed among the usual American iron. And two were cars that didn't make it to ICD, a 348 Spider and a 250 GT California Spyder replica.

Most left early, but Brian and I stayed to the end, entertaining lots of questions and providing a good example of the contrast between 8 and 12-cylinder F-cars. Our patience was rewarded with "Top 30" plaques, which in this case was not a certainty since nearly 50 cars were in attendance.

Thanks, guys, for bringing a little color (red) to little ol' Hiram. Photos to come later in the week.

7. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    #7 WaltP, Oct 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Looks like a 348 or 355 next to the purple-mobile?

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Actually, that's Brian's 512TR.

10. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA