Track Wheels and Tires for 360 | FerrariChat

Track Wheels and Tires for 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by barryf43, Oct 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barryf43

barryf43 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Barry Fromberg
    I have just purchased my first Ferrari, a 2000 F1 360 coupe, and am looking for an extra set of stock wheels for track usage. Does anyone know where I can find a set?

Also, what track tires do most people use? I've used Hossiers on my twin turbo Porsche. Are these the best option for the Ferrari? What sizes work best wih the stock wheels?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barry

2. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    Let me be the first to say good on ya for mixing the phrases "my first ferrari" and "track day" in your first post here on F-chat. I think you'll fit in just fine. I haven't had the cojones to track mine yet, but I'm sure others will chime in soon with some insight. Pics of the car?

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The most cost-effective solution is the Toyo RA-1 like they run in Speed GT. They are very nearly as quick as the Hoosiers and last a lot longer, and best of all are not subject to the dreaded "cycle limit" of most R tires. They can be run on the street if you want to skip the hassle of a second set of wheels. If you're interested I have a set of RA-1s that I used on my 360 for 1 track day and about 500 street miles, let me know in a PM.

Gary

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Watch ebay and you should be able to get a set of 360 wheels for $1000 or less. Clean takeoffs with tires will be more, but be careful there unless they have very few miles as "only 4,000 miles" usually means they are shot. I rarely got 2,000 miles out of a set of street tires.
    I tracked my 360 with slicks and highly recommend it over street tires.
    Have fun, the 360 is great on the track.

5. barryf43

barryf43 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Barry Fromberg