Ferrari 330 P4 Daytona 1967 Winner N° 23 ( chassis N° 0846 ) | FerrariChat

Ferrari 330 P4 Daytona 1967 Winner N° 23 ( chassis N° 0846 )

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Boggyharpa, Oct 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boggyharpa

Boggyharpa Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    Hello , I am currently building a scale model and I am looking for ( a ) good photo(s) of the rear panel in order to know if there were ( or not ) open air vents below the tail spoiler , thei number , their type ( closed ? wide open ? wired ? all of them ? ) etc. Thanks in avance !

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    You may want to look in the classic section, 0846's current owner has documented its rebuild and just about anybody with an opinion has posted info on this car including dozens of photos

3. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    That would not be a good idea as its been rebuilt nothing like it was while it was at Daytona in 1967. Some differences are that it is now a coupe but was a spyder at Daytona. At Daytona it had P4 type rocker panels but now it has P3 type rockers with the scoop.

Pics of the Daytona P4 should be fairly easy to find. I have one in 24th scale that my company produces in resin plastic as a kit to build. I remember finding it easy to find reference pics. I have none saved on my PC but some good books to check would be Ferrari by Hans Tanner, Sports Racing and Prototypes Comp cars by Prunet and many others. These might be a little hard to find but they are out there.

You can see my models of the Daytona P4 on my website but its always best to see the real thing for accuracy.

Sincerely,
    Ed Cervo
    www.islandcollectiblesinc.net

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    If you look at this thread you will see that 0846 is currently being restored to 1967 Targa Configuration with proper details and 0854 is being restored to proper Brands Hatch coupe configuration. Thread contains proper Targa Historical photo's.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77145

5. P 4 Staff

P 4 Staff Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Well...I understand your question...and I´ve gone through all my pictures from the Daytona race...and I have not found one taken of the rear of the car.
    Of course there are several pictures "out there" taken of #0846 from behind...at Daytona...but non that I know of.

SORRY.

6. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    Hello Jim,
    Thats great to hear that you decided to go historically correct. I can't wait to see them finished.

Sincerely,
    Ed

7. Boggyharpa

Boggyharpa Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    I have searched the Web for such a photo of N° 23 without any result so if somebody could find one in a book and send me a scan I would appreciate a lot however one can assume that the latter had the same rear panel as the other spyder P4 N° 20 and I have found this Web page : http://www.vsrnonline.com/Mags/MC/MC_V4N9_p431.jpg ( the previous page :http://www.vsrnonline.com/Mags/MC/MC_V4N9_p430.jpg is interesting too ) which shows that N° 20 had two wired lateral air vents and a fully open central vent . The two latter pages come from : http://www.vsrnonline.com/Mags/MC/MC_Plans.html and I guess that modellers should find some interesting things there ...

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This is how the tail was at the Targa and how I believe it likely was at Daytona.

10. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  11. Boggyharpa

Boggyharpa Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    Yes , I posted three times .Why ? Once in the Collectables , Literature & Models section and once in the Vintage section because I thought that as people do not necessarily browse all sections more people would possibly give me an answer ; Then a second time adding , more or less : " IN ITS DAYTONA RACE CONFIGURATION " since this post from andrewg : " You may want to look in the classic section, 0846's current owner has documented its rebuild and just about anybody with an opinion has posted info on this car including dozens of photos . " made me think that being more precise in my post could be useful .