Anyone deal and or work in the Tobacco industry | FerrariChat

Anyone deal and or work in the Tobacco industry

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ferrari0324, Oct 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Some friends and I are looking into Hookah bars, and I want to get some more information on the tobacco and how it could be purchased in bulk.

2. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
  3. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    What is a Hookah bar?

4. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    A hookah is a water pipe from the middle east that you smoke flavored tobacco out of. A Hookah bar is a place to go and do this at.

5. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Ahhh.... the tabacco industry. Gotta love the way BAT have been in partnership with the North Korean government in a factory in Pyongyang. BAT didn't even report it on their financial statement.

You want to do business with these guys? I digress...

You want to open a business where people come and smoke and breath in other people's smoke? Have you looked at liability insurance for this yet?

This may work as a business, but in this increasingly litigious society, I see lots of red flags. If you can overcome these, then you might be on a winner, especially if you could do this in states like California. Even though I am an ardent non-smoker (can you tell :D ) I am sure that those who do smoke would enjoy a place to relax and meet with other people where they can smoke in peace and quiet.

6. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    they have a couple of nice ones in Jacksonville, Florida.......

there is also a nice middle eastern cafe, quite famous in Jax.......Has great food.....

back to the point: the have a side grocery to it and sell hookahs and the flavored tobacco......heard they get it Dubai......but readly available

HALA Cafe Mid-East Cuisine
    9735 Saint Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257
    (904) 288-8890

7. Ology

Ology Rookie

Oct 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    Edward Spivak
    shoot me a pm i know some key information about it

8. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Breathe in other peoples smoke? Obviously, there would be smoke in the room, however it would be ventilated to the best of my ability. I just want information, on who I would go to or buy from... these kinds of tobacco.

9. floppy

floppy Karting

Sep 19, 2005
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Pat
    If you put opium in that hookah, I'll show.

10. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Many Cigar bars have systems where you barely even get the "smokey" feeling.

However, now that many cities/ states are looking at "Smoke Free" situations (ie. NYC, Delaware.. maybe Philly soon) it might be a dead-end.

I would also worry about the ATF coming in at random times.. Like Swat style.. yikes!

For your answer... Go to a cigar shop and ask where they buy their tobacco. Many of them sell loose tobacco and will probably help.

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I just asked my tobacconist for a referral. He gave me the following info:

http://www.sultantobaccousa.com/

(866) 2-SULTAN

12. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    But isn't that in situations where smoking isn't the purpose of the business?
    Looking for pot and other illegal substances I assume you mean.