what to see in San Fran | FerrariChat

what to see in San Fran

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by racerx3317, Oct 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Hey guys. I might be in San Fran for a weekend and having never been there before i was wonder if anybody that has been could could tell me what the hot spots are. I'll only be there around 3 days so i can't go nuts but any suggestions would be grealty appreciated.

2. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    I was just there a couple of weeks ago. Definately go down to the Wharf. Climb the stairs up to Hoyt Tower. Once you get to the Wharf area, just ask anyone to point out the stairway up to the tower........it's an AMAZING view and very cool. Also, down at the pier, rent a bike from Blazing Saddles.........you can follow a bike path and ride along the coast, and over the Golden Gate Bridge....go a couple miles over the bridge and you're in Sausolito (sp?) have a great lunch in Saus. and take the ferry back. It's a GREAT way to see a lot of scenery on a budget. The bike is about 40 bucks for the whole day, and the ferry back is about 8 bucks........but you can always turn around and ride the bike back if you want to also........the ride from the wharf to Sausolito is about 9 miles..........great ride.........it's amazing scenery.

3. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner

4. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    LOL Thanks! It's still a cool tower.............no matter how you say/spell it! :)

5. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    If you do a bike rental, you can go over the bridge, through Sausalito and to the Ferrari dealership! It's a very long and hard ride (especially on the way back) but well worth it. As for in the city, Union Square is fun for shopping and you can catch the Cable Car there. Also, you might want to go to North Beach one night (basically Little Italy) lot's of great places for dinner and dessert. Chinatown is interesting, but I'm not a fan of it. And don't be afraid to use the buses and walk! I think the buses are now $1.50 for Adults for about 3 hours riding time, and the bus drivers can tell you how to get where you are going.

6. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Better yet...why don't you tell us first what you like to do? Do you like to party, or are you more laid back and want to hit up some lounge and bars? Like the others have said, Fisherman's Warf is definitely a popular tourist spot.

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Well probably a lounge/bar type thing would be cool being that i don't have that much time there and i will be with my sis and ex GF (long story). A club would be cool if i were with the fellas but if you know of any good ones let me know as well, anything can happen. It looks like i'm def hitting the warf.

8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Castro St is always a good show.

9. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    In case you do go to a club, the best action is at Mitchel Bros on O'Farrell.

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If you do Fisherman's Wharf, you might want to look at booking a ride for an Alcatraz tour too. The tour ferries leave from the wharf. It takes a big chunk of time (3-4 hours?) but is unique.

Other than Alcatraz, a driving tour of Lombard St, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate park and Chinatown (the usual tourist spots) can probably be done in 2-4 hours, depending on how many photos you want to take.

11. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    I was there 3 weeks ago, great city...definetly go see Alcatraz..But reserve your tickets now. Its not a tour you can just go whenever you please. I almost didnt make it.