How to repair 348 door latch cable? | FerrariChat

How to repair 348 door latch cable?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Husker, Oct 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Hey guys...

I'm fixing the passenger door latch on my 348 before she's picked up and taken away next week. :(

Here's the problem with the door latch - the cable broke. The cable is inside a hollow tube that runs the length of the door - from the inside door lever to the door latch mechanism near the lock.

My question is, how the heck are you supposed to get the cable/tube unhooked at the latch mechanism (near the lock)? I see no way of getting to it, although I'm sure you can as many have before.

All I need to do is thread a new cable through the tube. Easy enough from the door lever inside, but getting the tube/cable unhooked from the latching mechanism - that one has me....stupified!

Anyone?

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    I've done this exact job this week. Just remove the whole cable, by removing the outer door lower half, then the plastic clips at the ends just "swivel" around to enable removal.

I just send the cable off to be remade. Cost about $70 here, done in 24 hrs. job takes about 3 hrs.