New Guy looking at R/C Models | FerrariChat

New Guy looking at R/C Models

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by dysko, Oct 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am relatively new to the modeling gig, but would like to get a good R/C model of a 430 or Enzo. I don't want a dumbed down model, but something that I will be able to be proud of until I can afford to buy 1:1 Fcar.

When it comes to R/C's what scale is the best to get? I want to maintain a uniform scale as I grow my collection.

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.

2. S0ul_R3Venant

S0ul_R3Venant Karting

Nov 30, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    I suggest you look at HPI Racing lineup of R/C cars. There are many other great makes. HPI has great selection of kits and bodies. For starters you should get an RTR, or Ready to Run. It comes completely assembled and right out the box. As for scale size I would prefer 1/10.

3. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    #3 N24RE, Oct 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    HPI and Tamiya make great cars. I have an HPI RS4 and a couple of the Tamiya F1 cars.You want a challenge and fun to build...then say no more and build the Tamiya F1 car (F201).

It's a fun hobby...but keep in mind as with most hobbies it can get VERY $$$

For even more fun you should check and see if there are any RC car clubs local to you...and buy a car to race with them...you can almost always find a Ferrari body to fit any touring car chassis.

Ciao'

Steve
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I had the Tamiya and it is one amazing R/C car. However it was too much of a challenge for me to build. I gave it to a friend of mine who is a trained machinist. He was able to finish it up (my differential never worked properly).

I found a different Ferrari F1, which was a lot easier to build (drive train already assembled) and it is a hoot to drive. So fast you can actually do donuts with it.

5. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Ahh....but building is the fun part...if you ever need one built...let me know

Ciao'

Steve

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Nikko makes an Enzo that's about a 1/14 scale, and is pretty much put together. It's about $85 at our local Fry's store. I bought the Nikko F1 car in 1/12 scale, and it's great fun.

7. S0ul_R3Venant

S0ul_R3Venant Karting

Nov 30, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Skyler
  8. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The traxxas revo is prolly not what your looking for but alot of fun. The 4-tec is also a great buy and im sure some one makes the Ferrari body for it.

check them out at www.traxxas.com and if you would like join the forum there very freindly.